By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Sony Bend Hiring For New AAA Title

Barkley said:
The only surprise here is that they expect to finish this new AAA exclusive in time for a PS4 release.

What exactly are you getting at?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Barkley said:
The only surprise here is that they expect to finish this new AAA exclusive in time for a PS4 release.

I doubt this new AAA game has barely left the starting line, with their focus currently on Days Gone. I'd be surprised if they release Days Gone in 2019 and then somehow manage another AAA game in 2020.

Barkley said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I doubt this new AAA game has barely left the starting line, with their focus currently on Days Gone. I'd be surprised if they release Days Gone in 2019 and then somehow manage another AAA game in 2020.

Ah, got you, and a good point. The question is though, if Bend were hiring and Sony don't want people to even be thinking about PS5, wouldn't they just default to 'PS4' when hiring?

The PS5 Exists. 

Barkley said:
GribbleGrunger said:

One year and a half between Uncharted 3 and TLOU... This could be Days Gone early 2019 and another one mid-late 2020, just before the PS5. But we obviously can't know without more info on the project's advancement (E3 2019 if it's a PS4 title?). 

i was actually slightly worried about Sony Bend's future a year or so ago, what with how long Days Gone was taking and it's pretty average reception. But it seems Sony has faith in the studio still, regardless of how Days Gone will perform critically and commercially. Not that I think it will perform badly in either of those, but it might be an average game rather than a big hitter from what I've seen. Great to see the studio getting more backing for a sequel or something else entirely.

HollyGamer said:

PlayStation never release an exclusive first party  title on older platform. If it's a year before release or in the same year on PS5 release it's still possible. 

well they did release GT6 20 days after the PS4 launch and it remained exclusive.

Around the Network

I could imagine that they will work on future Uncharted games.

GribbleGrunger said:

At first I thought it was just hiring to help complete Days Gone but clearly it isn't. Days Gone must be close to completion or at least in the polishing stages:

Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days GoneSyphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team in creating a new AAA PlayStation 4 exclusive.

We are seeking a Senior Staff Gameplay Programmer to contribute to our development process. This position specializes in specific areas of programming that centers around the architecture and implementation of game engine code systems used for the creation and development of a game application.

https://boards.greenhouse.io/sonyinteractiveentertainmentplaystation/jobs/660557#.WuwIZaQvypo

Days Gone is a new and exclusive AAA. And who said its close to completion?

I doubt the transparency of job ads and that there is much to read into. Do you really think they put as much information as possible in there for you to interpret?

Hunting Season is done...

Well keep the new IPs coming =]

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Faelco said:
Barkley said:

One year and a half between Uncharted 3 and TLOU... This could be Days Gone early 2019 and another one mid-late 2020, just before the PS5. But we obviously can't know without more info on the project's advancement (E3 2019 if it's a PS4 title?). 

Naughty Dog is a lot bigger than bend though.

more and more great games for PS4 yeah!

Sony invests the most money in game productions, thats awesome.