By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Sony Bend Hiring For New AAA Title

John2290 said:
Huh, but they haven't even released Dayz gone...I smell trouble a brew with this game, I gotta disagree with the OP. I think they might be hiring under the guise of a new title but it may parhaps be because they are in trouble on Dayz gone.
If I'm wrong. which I hope I am, then this is fantastic Sony are killing it, the more new IP and single player exclusives in my opinion the better.

I'm thinking just the opposite. What if Days Gone is basically ready to go, but PS don't want to release it because they don't have much to fill next years spring drought? If it won't be polished until fall, then there is no point in trying to release it because you have Spider-man and a bunch of huge AAA third party titles releasing then, so best to wait. This would allow them to start focusing on the new exclusive now, and if we won't be seeing PS5 until late 2020, or later, then it's possible depending on the genre and size of the game they are looking to make. Then again, maybe Days Gone is an entire year or two away from completion and would land around late 2019 or 2020 so the game ends up cross gen? But then how far away is TLOU2 and Death Stranding?

• Current and Next Gen game console experience strongly desired.
  • Strong understanding and familiarity with current UNREAL technology desired.

(Days Gone) Zombie Battle Royale?

Around the Network
taus90 said:
HollyGamer said:

PlayStation never release an exclusive first party  title on older platform. If it's a year before release or in the same year on PS5 release it's still possible. 

Sony also never released a midgen hardware update either, but reason for not releasing the title on previous platform was different architecture, the game are being developed with two systems in mind Pro and Base, with PS5 having same architecture its pretty safe to assume that all the title in development will be  forward compatible. I think first gen PS5 games will all be backward compatible, then slowly phase out the base PS4. and phase out ps4 pro when PS5 pro launches.

It's not forward compatibility, it's a cross gen title and it's still probability. If SONY trying to make games for PS5 based on PS4 hardware (forward compatibility) then it would be a waste of PS5 power and resource. Same architecture doesn't means it use the same base system as benchmark. I am not seeing a scenario where first party games made for forward compatibility by sacrificing all the benefit of future PS5 hardware and graphic. PS4 is different from PS5 even if it's share the same architecture the games are different. It's not like PC (or pro version)  where games are brute force to enhanced. Consoles games are made on optimization and code to metal coding. 

I think people are reading into it and this is just hiring more people for days gone

What about that rumor that Sony was hiring to open a new inhouse studio ? Has anything else about that come up ?

EricHiggin said:
John2290 said:
Huh, but they haven't even released Dayz gone...I smell trouble a brew with this game, I gotta disagree with the OP. I think they might be hiring under the guise of a new title but it may parhaps be because they are in trouble on Dayz gone.
If I'm wrong. which I hope I am, then this is fantastic Sony are killing it, the more new IP and single player exclusives in my opinion the better.

I'm thinking just the opposite. What if Days Gone is basically ready to go, but PS don't want to release it because they don't have much to fill next years spring drought? If it won't be polished until fall, then there is no point in trying to release it because you have Spider-man and a bunch of huge AAA third party titles releasing then, so best to wait. This would allow them to start focusing on the new exclusive now, and if we won't be seeing PS5 until late 2020, or later, then it's possible depending on the genre and size of the game they are looking to make. Then again, maybe Days Gone is an entire year or two away from completion and would land around late 2019 or 2020 so the game ends up cross gen? But then how far away is TLOU2 and Death Stranding?

• Current and Next Gen game console experience strongly desired.
  • Strong understanding and familiarity with current UNREAL technology desired.

(Days Gone) Zombie Battle Royale?

Yeah, this is what I considered as well. Or that it just means for Days Gone. But you’d think they would say that, since the game has already been revealed. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I don't think it's proof at all. Most people think (as do I) that the PS5 will have backward compatibility. 

PlayStation never release an exclusive first party  title on older platform. If it's a year before release or in the same year on PS5 release it's still possible. 

God of War 2 released on PS2 in 2007. GT6 released weeks after PS4. LBP 3 released on PS3 in 2014. Sony does support old systems.

GOWTLOZ said:
HollyGamer said:

God of War 2 released on PS2 in 2007. GT6 released weeks after PS4. LBP 3 released on PS3 in 2014. Sony does support old systems.

Yes , that's my point, in the same year like what i have mention. The games need at last 4 years to make, and let us count when this games will be release . yeah it's 2021 and that means PS5 will be relase in 2021 just like PS3 in 2007 with God of War 2 on PS2. 

HollyGamer said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Yes , that's my point, in the same year like what i have mention. The games need at last 4 years to make, and let us count when this games will be release . yeah it's 2021 and that means PS5 will be relase in 2021 just like PS3 in 2007 with God of War 2 on PS2. 

the ps5 will release well before 2021, the market would lose complete interest in consoles if they aren't refreshed at least every 6 or so years and Sony knows it. It could be different if there was no competition, but there is... Xbox and PC will take Sony's lunch if they would ever delay next gen by that long. 

Sony already leading the exclusive front but they continue to let their actions do the talking. Great to see bend getting an investment

setsunatenshi said:
HollyGamer said:

the ps5 will release well before 2021, the market would lose complete interest in consoles if they aren't refreshed at least every 6 or so years and Sony knows it. It could be different if there was no competition, but there is... Xbox and PC will take Sony's lunch if they would ever delay next gen by that long

They can manage by making the PS5 2 times more powerful then Xbox 2 with cheaper price (it's possible if it one year after their competitor releasing their console) , and better launch line up. PS has more then 100 million potential market and 30 million active PS plus account  not include people who own old PS consoles like PS3, PS2 and PS1 who have not got their hand on SONY new consoles.