By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War sells 3.1m Copies in 3 Days, Fastest Selling PS4 Exclusive.

3.1m in 3 days, over 1m per day average, amazing sales!

Around the Network

Digital included?

gemini_d@rk said:
Digital included?

Yes this number will include digital sales.

And to think some were saying single player games were dead.

Sony and Nintendo have been proving there´s plenty of life left in them.

hehe.... I called it, said it would do 3M within its first week. And emphasized that I knew that week only meant thursday to sunday.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Huge sales. They didn't specify if it's sold through or shipped. But it's the fastest selling exclusive so sales are massive either way.

errr..... fastest selling probably means sold through. 

bananaking21 said:
Huge sales. They didn't specify if it's sold through or shipped. But it's the fastest selling exclusive so sales are massive either way.

The important thing to take away from this is that Sony gives us numbers

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

And I bought my copy a day early, so I'm not even included!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

What a flop, only 0.04% of the population bought it. Niche title.

Candy crush has been download 2.73 billion times, why spend all that effort on any niche titles that struggle to reach half a percent of that :p

JamesGarret said:
And to think some were saying single player games were dead.

Sony and Nintendo have been proving there´s plenty of life left in them.

You see... imho, this explains much of sony and nintendo success. Based in the classic blue ocean strategy ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Ocean_Strategy) , we can see that following the "common sense" and banking on multiplayer games ( the ones that theoretically generate more profit) can end in very bad results when the market is saturated and that only the best multiplayer games create the real money like overwatch, fortnite, call of duty, league of legends, etc. ( the so called red ocean)

On the other hand, while most developers are banking on multiplayer experience, the single player market becomes a  " blue ocean", whit less competition problems and more space for high quality games to shine.