By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Labo is a huge ripoff and a waste of a great concept (so far)

This is the equivalent of an adult buying a build your own radio kit and then raging after the fact about how the sound quality isn't that great and the radio isn't aesthetically pleasing and the tuner doesn't pick up all stations clearly.

It was never about the games.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

That's always the argument. Its just one game. Its just two games. Its just a few games. Yeah, well they matter to a lot of people. 

What am I going to say "Oh, theres 600 games on the system?! My apologies, sir. Ill start right away" 

Its about the image of the system. Labo is heavily promoted. You know a few games on the Eshop if you watched a random Nintendo Direct that was announced 12 hours before it started and ran from 6pm to 6.13pm. Then you might know a couple of them. 

Ive played most of the big new games...and some older ports. And I'm starting to feel the good old drought once again. Many gamers do. Just because you enjoy all 600 games on the Switch doesn't mean everyone else do.

Your arguments make absolutely no sense.

It matters to a lot of people that a couple games arent aimed at them? No it doesnt, it only matters to a small minority of losers.

You dont have to watch a Direct as it airs, it remains on Youtube and the news is passed around by every gaming news outlet.

What does you personally having a drought on Switch have to do with anything? Of Labo didnt exist would there be a steady stream of games you want releasing?

Maybe. Maybe if Labo wasn't a thing I would be playing Metroid Prime 4 now. Maybe Nintendo could get some real games out when they stop focusing on this silly stuff.

2017 was a great year. I felt like this is the console that will appeal to gamers. To me. Then 2018 rolls around and who is the console for now? Kids and people who didn't buy the WiiU? Soon it will be for people who like tennis, but don't care for the rules... I don't know anymore.

Theres no consistency here. With the PlayStation 4 I know what to expect. Great big games that developers put their heart and soul into. Great! Sign me the fuck up. With Nintendo I have to go on a month to month basis. Now its for me. Now its for people who cant walk straight yet. Now its for people who didn't buy the previous console. Its a mess.

You say a couple of games doesn't matter. They do when they are the only ones being showed off on the console. The great ones is just a guessing game when they will come out. Metroid Prime 4? Christmas? Next year? 2020? Fuck if I know.

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

A few years ago the head of Playstation literally said a healthy Nintendo is vital to the game industry because they bring in a large children market, many of which grow up to play on Playstation.

Also, Nintendo has outshipped Sony in 16 of the 23 years since Playstation released.

Yeah, great news for Sony I guess.

I'm talking about the console market. Not the handheld one. Nice try though.

No you arent, you're talking about kids on Nintendo transitioning to teens/adults on Playstation, handheld or home is irrelevant.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

No you arent, you're talking about kids on Nintendo transitioning to teens/adults on Playstation, handheld or home is irrelevant.

You were talking about that. Not me.

zorg1000 said:
KLXVER said:

Dude, let it go. At this point, it should be clear that you have a better chance at having a coherent debate with Cleverbot than KLXVER.

Around the Network
KLXVER said: "That was a fun game of bowling, dear. Now lets tear up some ass in Doom!"

Lmao

Vodacixi said:
zorg1000 said:

Dude, let it go. At this point, it should be clear that you have a better chance at having a coherent debate with Cleverbot than KLXVER.

Yeah, when youre out of arguments lets just call the other guy incoherent. High five! You guys should touch tips sometime.

specialk said:
This is the equivalent of an adult buying a build your own radio kit and then raging after the fact about how the sound quality isn't that great and the radio isn't aesthetically pleasing and the tuner doesn't pick up all stations clearly.

It was never about the games.

So that somehow makes it acceptable for them to charge $70-80 for something worth maybe $20? Also, kids are kids, not idiots. Entertaining most of them actually takes effort, same as for adults. If my little nephews got bored with Labo even quicker than I did, then Nintendo did something wrong. 

KLXVER said:
Vodacixi said:

I never said anything similar to that... again. You did it again. If I didn't know any better, I would think that you're manipulating my words in order to create easier statements for you to refute xD

Sony gets people by creating games for teenagers to adults. Nintendo gets people by creating games for kids to adults, including teenagers. So, for Sony there's no point in creating something like Labo. Nostalgia has nothing to do with this. If anything, both companies use it without hesitation.

I'm done with this topic.

Well there must be a reason why Sony keeps doing better in the console market. I mean if Nintendo is appealing to everyone Sony does AND kids, then shouldn't Nintendo be the ones on top?

Sony might be number one in the console market. But Nintendo is always king in the Handheld department since day one.

Rocketjay8 said:
KLXVER said:

Well there must be a reason why Sony keeps doing better in the console market. I mean if Nintendo is appealing to everyone Sony does AND kids, then shouldn't Nintendo be the ones on top?

Sony might be number one in the console market. But Nintendo is always king in the Handheld department since day one.

That is a correct statement.