By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - White Millenial Men Now Majority Republican

Probably because of all the hate on white people. They've done horrible things in the past but I think at this point we should just move on from this BS, because the sooner we stop making every issue involve race in some form the sooner we can get rid of racism imo.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
People have to stop saying that cuz most people in power are white that it means whites have power. That means nothing. Just a select group the majority o f the white men are the same as the majority of blacks and hispanics and whatever other group. Same economic blocks and suffer same hardships. An elite few does not determine the hardships of the majority.

If you live in the United States and refuse to believe that an elite few can and do determine the hardships of the majority you really need to open your eyes to what's going on. These billionaire elites line the pockets of politicians that create the laws which establish this great divide! 

Ck1x said:
eva01beserk said:
People have to stop saying that cuz most people in power are white that it means whites have power. That means nothing. Just a select group the majority o f the white men are the same as the majority of blacks and hispanics and whatever other group. Same economic blocks and suffer same hardships. An elite few does not determine the hardships of the majority.

If you live in the United States and refuse to believe that an elite few can and do determine the hardships of the majority you really need to open your eyes to what's going on. These billionaire elites line the pockets of politicians that create the laws which establish this great divide! 

Some text interpretation would do you wonders. He is saying it doesn't make any sense to equal the regular white man to the elite that are in power, because the fact that some white man hold power doesn't mean that "white man" have power as in the person you are attacking.

@thread... and we keep getting example after example of left wing attacking regular folks even on the thread... but they will ever refuse that they are part of the problem of antagonizing and pushing away those people from accepting their ideals.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

contestgamer said: 
SpokenTruth said: 

White privilege, the patriarchy, the gender pay gap, toxic masculinity....

You actually believe in all those things? Or you just trolling me?

Seventizz said: 
SpokenTruth said: 

None of these actually exist and are easily debunked.

Kalkano said: 
SpokenTruth said: 

So, all the make believe stuff.  Got it.

It would be more beneficial to us all if you guys took other peoples concerns more seriously.

The gender gap, for example, is true (at least here in Germany). Arguments like it "disregards differences in negotiation tactics and job choices", while true, become null and void when you notice that they are solely refuting irrelevant statistics anyway. The "myth" pay gap statistics you're talking about compare the total gross income of men and women and are different from the actual worthwhile statistics which look at individual women who work the same job in the same position and the same hours as men. Basically, statistics which factor in the elements that the others ignore give the same results, but they aren't quite as shocking or impactful than the others. 

claim: women are paid ~21% less than men. actuality: women are paid 6% less than men. Numbers are based on Germany. I also have sources on that if anyone's interested, but they are in German. Nevertheless, it's not a myth.

Also, I'm willing to wager that you're well aware of toxic masculinity. Ever been with a group of men who talk about women? Or have you never been bothered by some men who unnecessarily make a competition out of everything to try and find something where they can show superiority or dominance for no good reason? Just an example, but whenever I play an online game, too often there's that one guy who talks about raping their opponents or their mothers or whatever. I'm not claiming this to be true for all men or that there aren't any women who are like this, just that saying that it doesn't exist at all is silly.

Even if not all of those things are as true or dire as people claim them to be, you shouldn't completely discard these peoples opinions.

They are rich trust fund kids and have always been Republican voters or
They believe that voting Trump will magically make them rich.

Around the Network
KoiIroRazu said:
contestgamer said: 

Seventizz said: 

Kalkano said: 

It would be more beneficial to us all if you guys took other peoples concerns more seriously.

The gender gap, for example, is true (at least here in Germany). Arguments like it "disregards differences in negotiation tactics and job choices", while true, become null and void when you notice that they are solely refuting irrelevant statistics anyway. The "myth" pay gap statistics you're talking about compare the total gross income of men and women and are different from the actual worthwhile statistics which look at individual women who work the same job in the same position and the same hours as men. Basically, statistics which factor in the elements that the others ignore give the same results, but they aren't quite as shocking or impactful than the others. 

claim: women are paid ~21% less than men. actuality: women are paid 6% less than men. Numbers are based on Germany. I also have sources on that if anyone's interested, but they are in German. Nevertheless, it's not a myth.

Also, I'm willing to wager that you're well aware of toxic masculinity. Ever been with a group of men who talk about women? Or have you never been bothered by some men who unnecessarily make a competition out of everything to try and find something where they can show superiority or dominance for no good reason? Just an example, but whenever I play an online game, too often there's that one guy who talks about raping their opponents or their mothers or whatever. I'm not claiming this to be true for all men or that there aren't any women who are like this, just that saying that it doesn't exist at all is silly.

Even if not all of those things are as true or dire as people claim them to be, you shouldn't completely discard these peoples opinions.

By law in USA and Brazil a company can't pay less for two people that have the same function and have less than 3 years difference between their hiring date. That is the origin of claiming paygap a myth. The other one is, if you can pay someone 21% less to do the same function why would you hire the more expensive? That for people that claim companies are greedy monsters that only want to enlarge their profits margins.

I would also like to see you referring the opposite side as well... last I checked woman have as much toxicity, bad remarks, behavior and competition. And in fact while male competition seems more healthier than the underhanded tactics woman use against one another.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

After reading through a good chunk of this thread I simply do not understand how and why a large amount of straight white christian men legitimately believe that they face demonization and prejudice on a level that is comparable to blacks or Muslims or gays or any number of historically discriminated against groups. In some ways it almost feels insulting for people to compare an this idea of discrimination against white men to issues this nation continues to face today such as systemic racism against blacks and Hispanics within policing and the legal system, government surveillance of Muslim/Arab communities, high rates of bullying and depression among gays and lesbians ect. We have a president that equates Mexican immigrants to murders and rapists and calls for bans on Muslims despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of acts of domestic terrorism are carried out by American born citizens yet people on this site try to push this idea that the entire nation is against white men.

Last edited by collint0101 - on 04 May 2018

DonFerrari said:
Ck1x said:

Some text interpretation would do you wonders. He is saying it doesn't make any sense to equal the regular white man to the elite that are in power, because the fact that some white man hold power doesn't mean that "white man" have power as in the person you are attacking.

@thread... and we keep getting example after example of left wing attacking regular folks even on the thread... but they will ever refuse that they are part of the problem of antagonizing and pushing away those people from accepting their ideals.

I wish people could read things without biased goggles on, if you reread my comment it actually doesn't reference color at all. Since I don't consider that to be the main problem in society right now, but it is what the elite want the average persons to be hung up on. People dealing with low wage jobs, bad heath care and bad housing situations have no bearing on whether you are black or white as it can effect us all equally 

collint0101 said:

After reading through a good chunk of this thread I simply do not understand how and why a large amount of straight white christian men legitimately believe that they face demonization and prejudice on a level that is comparable to blacks or Muslims or gays or any number of historically discriminated against groups. In some ways it almost feels insulting for people to compare an this idea of discrimination against white men to issues this nation continues to face today such as systemic racism against blacks and Hispanics within policing and the legal system, government surveillance of Muslim/Arab communities, high rates of bullying and depression among gays and lesbians ect. We have a president that equates Mexican immigrants to murders and rapists and calls for bans on Muslims despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of acts of domestic terrorism are carried out by American born citizens yet people on this site try to push this idea that the entire nation is against white men.

You could as well read your own comment and see you demonizing, attacking and saying they shouldn't complain...

Ck1x said:
DonFerrari said:

I wish people could read things without biased goggles on, if you reread my comment it actually doesn't reference color at all. Since I don't consider that to be the main problem in society right now, but it is what the elite want the average persons to be hung up on. People dealing with low wage jobs, bad heath care and bad housing situations have no bearing on whether you are black or white as it can effect us all equally 

So you were answering a post that already said that as confronting it, but actually agreeing? Ok then.

KoiIroRazu said:
contestgamer said: 

Seventizz said: 

Kalkano said: 

6%... Studies have also shown that men are better and harder negotiators than women. However women cant by definition be worse at anything, so instead of taking the blame, they need to pass laws forcing equal work for equal pay. Sorry, but life shouldnt be handed to you. If you cant negotiate as hard as a man tough luck, that's your 6% incompetence tax.