By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - White Millenial Men Now Majority Republican

vivster said:
AsGryffynn said:

The media is doing a bad job, but not for the reasons you think. Normally, they should help defuse tensions, not polarize everything even more. When they do, they drive people from one side to the other. 

Rule of thumb seems to be the GOP is a bad party, and so far, Donald Trump hasn't done anything most Republican politicians haven't tried their luck at besides being more open... 

The media's job is not to defuse tensions. They're not diplomats. Their job is to report what's happening. And if shit hits the fan and things start to escalate it's their job to report that too. Which is what they don't do right now because they focus on trite shit, which actually takes focus away from escalating issues.

It's the media's job to put appropriate weight on topics and not treat criminal investigations into politicians with the same weight of a Kardashian breaking a finger nail or a president getting an extra scoop of ice.

The whole "report without scruples" isn't the job of those, that's the job of Wikileaks. When you move people around with your influence, you are careful not to provoke people. Otherwise, they have done great jobs. People aren't going to flock to the side you're on solely because you're convinced they are reporting the wrong way. Their job is to report stuff, not to shove it down your throats, and many of the things you say would drive people away from Trump are actually getting him more support. 

Either the media influences or it reports. It can't report and influence because reports will change the views of those on the fence, but only worsen the suspicions of those across the aisle. People see what they want to see. Media cannot change this and Donald Trump's election was basically a confirmation that this statement is accurate and for the first time in years, people said "fuck all" to those who believe themselves to know better. 

Reminder: Vladimir Putin isn't in power despite corruption just because he "rigs" ballots. He's in power because people look the other way when he does for reasons besides fearing for their lives, some being self serving. 

Around the Network
Arminillo said:
Seventizz said:

None of these actually exist and are easily debunked.

Hmm, well I personally think that at it's core, the concept of white privilege does exist. However, it's not quite what the left wants to think it is. It's more of a majority privilege, or favor of familiarity.

i.e. in a country like Japan, with a 97+ percent race homogeneity, if looking to hire a person for a job, and are given to pick between a Japanese, a Philippine descent, and a German descent. Even assuming they all speak and were raised in Japan, they will gravitate to the Japanese. Are they racist? No, they just naturally are attracted to the one most similar to themselves.

In America, this is the same, except that in a melting pot country like it is, there is conscious effort to try to have multicultural experience. The way to combat this "white" privilege is to enforce that people are at their most different in physical shape alone. However, we strangely are getting to a point were progressive thought is to actively segregate and promote differences. For example when black people say things like "Black Panther/R&B/whatever is for black people", or crack jokes at "typical white behavior" it creates a subconscious divide.

So in that way, I think white privilege does exist, in a way.

Also, patriarchy is absolutely a real thing. There are multiple historical examples of male dominance in a society. However, I think in modern times it is at its weakest and most fractured, and really is so outdated that it is the least of our societies problems.

Exactly. This is a normal human behaviour that can be seen across all countries and cultures. It is not racism. And the way the left wants to fight it is comoletely wrong.

Same go for profiling. It is just natural. If I tell you a gand og ginger bearded midges are raping women in you neighborhood, you can be sure the most sjw woman in the earea you cross the street or run away if she sees a ginger bearded midget in the street. 

Unfortunately it is biology, human nature.

RustyShell said:

I believe this study or poll (Link doesn't work) also found White women overwhelmingly flooding towards the democratic party, did it not. And does this matter as much, us white men are an increasingly smaller part of the population with each passing generation. And how many of these guys are libertarian Republicans. 

The majority of white women voted for the republican party in the last election.

The combined display of misunderstanding in this thread is enormous. The lower class has been systematically bred to buy into taking sides without focusing on individual issues. As demonstrated here so many are using demographics to say things that have no bearing on any actual social or economic issues that politicians get to vote on. I plead to everyone here to question what you know and stop labeling any "cluster" of people you think you've identified. It's time we all acted and thought as individuals... it's time to be the change.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

We can blame feminism.

Around the Network

The lack of a decent education system has been showing its ugly rear for decades already.

Errorist76 said:

The lack of a decent education system has been showing its ugly rear for decades already.

The problem is not just the education system. You can throw all the money in the world into education, but won't change anything if the person life sucks. "My dad just left us, my mom is clinically depressed and my brother got shot by a rival gang. However, thank goodness for education."  Much more organic than throw a bunch of money and hope it fixes the issue. We have to be more innovative here.

SpokenTruth said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sorry. You're done with this thread, aren't you? 

I'm done with the thread.  But you basically called me a racist.  I simply wanted you to elaborate.

So it’s not because you got called out on saying some lies?

SpokenTruth said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Sorry. You're done with this thread, aren't you? 

I'm done with the thread.  But you basically called me a racist.  I simply wanted you to elaborate.

Your response was that people cannot be racist against their own race. That's preposterous.

Snoopy said:
contestgamer said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-millennials/exclusive-democrats-lose-ground-with-millennials-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1I10YH]

"...Two years ago, young white people favored Democrats over Republicans for Congress by a margin of 47 to 33 percent; that gap vanished by this year, with 39 percent supporting each party.

The shift was especially dramatic among young white men, who two years ago favored Democrats but now say they favor Republicans over Democrats by a margin of 46 to 37 percent, the Reuters/Ipsos poll showed..."

Why do you think this is happening? Part of it is that as people get older they're more likely to become more conservative in general, but it doesn't explain the demographic specific switch here.  Seems to me that the demonization of men on the one hand and white americans on the other is leading to a compounded effect with white male millennials fleeing the party in larger numbers than even white female millennials are. 

I'm fairly sure most of these people are actually socially liberal and arguably 50/50 economically liberal (based on them supporting Repubs/Dems equally in that poll when it comes to who runs the economy better)  so they should be a natural fit with the democrats or independents. However the progressive war on males and white people is what's likely pushing these people away.

Too bad it's a 2 party system, because I doubt any of these parties represent them well.

A whole lot of reasons. Most liberal social policies such as abortions, gay marriage, ect are never going to be touched. At worse, they will not be funded by taxpayers under Republicans such as funds for abortions.

The next big reason is when you hit the workforce the last thing they want is higher taxes and much more expensive cost of living. If you compare a liberal state like California to a conservative state like Texas you will easily see what I mean. 

Another issue is liberals pick on white men all the time. Who the hell want to be called "privileged" or get your opinion invalidated for being a straight white male. The hatred of white people seems crazy sometimes and no double standards. For example, if a white male shoots a black male the headline will be something "Racist white men shoot innocent unarmed black men." Where if it was the other way around it will be "32-year-old Matt William was killed last night."

People that view the comment of white privilege as negative probably are to busy enjoying their white privilege!

It is simply stating a fact that because you are a straight white male then you may not be treated the same in most circumstances as a minority. People need to put down this equivalency of people wanting things to be on equal footing as somehow the white race is under attack. Things are still very lopsided in America, just look at the population of people and then look at who makes up congress.