By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's get our early E3 predictions out there.

Who will win E3?

Nintendo 21 55.26%

Sony 11 28.95%

Microsoft 3 7.89%

Other 3 7.89%

Total:38
Luke888 said:
Nintendo:
-Smash Bros. release date and gameplay (Ridley will be in the roster);
-Pokémon gameplay and release date for 2018;
-Fire Emblem gameplay;
-Retro's new IP revealed;
-Yoshi gameplay;
-Metroid Prime 4 gameplay, 2019;
-Bayonetta 3 gameplay, 2019;
-One old IP releasing in 2018;

Sony:
-God of War DLC;
-Medievil Remastered gameplay, 2018;
-Ghost of Tsushima gameplay, 2019;
-The Last of Us Part 2 gameplay, 2019;
-Death Stranding gameplay;
-Spider-Man gameplay;

Microsoft:
-2 new IPs;
-Fable reboot;
-Perfect Dark reboot;
-Halo 6 announcement;

Don't set yourself for disappointement like that. Nintendo already said they will be hosting a separate event later this year to show 2019 games. It was explicitly said that this E3 will be about 2018 games, so if we're lucky we'll get 1 or at best 2 2019 announcements/footage, but even that would be a lucky scenario so don't count on it.

As for my predictions, I'll start with Nintendo and add Sony after (don't have a clue about MS):

- Smash is shown in great detail and releases in September

- Animal Crossing is revealed and releases in November 

- Yoshi is fully disclosed and releases on August

- Fire Emblem is revealed and releases on December a la Xenoblade Chronicles 2

- A new Mario Party is announced and releases on October

- Travis Strikes Again is shown and receives a release date (september or something)

- Updates and quick announcements of major third party games releasing later this year 

- If we're lucky, we'll get footage from a 2019 game 

Last edited by LipeJJ - on 02 May 2018

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I think it is hard to call a winner. But, I'm most excited about MS. I'm always most excited about MS though, as they seem to be the most likely to surprise me. This year, I'm hoping for some solid Halo 6 news.

Nintendo E3 doesn't excite me much, as they talk about too much stuff that is years away from launching.

Sony.... well, I'm sure they'll show some awesome new games. I like awesome new games. But, I feel like I know what to expect from them. So, there's less anticipation.

Nintendo:
-Pikmin4 reveal
-Smash Bros 1st gameplay trailer
-Retro Studio project reveal
-Fire emblem 1st trailer
-Metroid Prime 4 1st trailer
-Bayonetta 3 1st trailer
-Yoshi name & launch date reveal
-Animal Crossing reveal

-Super Mario odyssey DLC

-Paper Mario 2 HD reveal

Microsoft:
- Halo reveal
-Forza Horizon 4 reveal
-Indies
-?
-?

Sony:
-Last of us part 2 trailer + launsch window
- Death stranding gameplay trailer

-Final Fantasy VII remake very short trailer
-Day's gone

-From Software exclusive/probably Bloodborne 2 reveal

Nintendo launch their online service with F-Zero. 1080p/720p 60FPS blistering speed with 30 player online cups.

VAMatt said:
I think it is hard to call a winner. But, I'm most excited about MS. I'm always most excited about MS though, as they seem to be the most likely to surprise me. This year, I'm hoping for some solid Halo 6 news.

Nintendo E3 doesn't excite me much, as they talk about too much stuff that is years away from launching.

Sony.... well, I'm sure they'll show some awesome new games. I like awesome new games. But, I feel like I know what to expect from them. So, there's less anticipation.

Nintendo does that?With the Switch?Since when?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

retro studios wont show anything at all. i think i've made the safest prediction in this thread.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Dreams will finally get a release date...Q2 2019.

only want to see a first party jrpg from sony, come on😉

Nautilus said:
VAMatt said:

Nintendo does that?With the Switch?Since when?

The only Switch example I can think of is Metroid.  But, the best, recent, prominent example was BotW.  They talked about it for years before even showing gameplay.  I understand why it worked out that way. But, the fact is, they teased that for probably 4 years prior to launch.