By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the last gaming purchase that you regret?

Shiken said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

It is slightly bent. And no, I won't. Bayonetta 3, MP4 and FE are stopping me. 

If there is even one game that you consider a must play that you cannot play without a Switch, you lose all credibility in your statement that a Switch is a regrettable purchase.

Just sayin'

Credibility.

In a joke.

In a thread about people's personal regrets.

You can't make this shit up.

Around the Network

Snake Pass

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Dragon Age Inquisition. Last Bioware game I’ve ever bought full price.

Just a few days ago: Forza Horizon 3 on the Windows store. It was such pain to get running at all I immediately regretted it. (It’s a known problem btw...MS just doesn’t care seemingly)

MY switch (although technically I didnt buy it, my girlfriend did for me) but I ended up givinh it too my 12 year old nephew after a few months at Xmas and I literally found out 6 hours ago he’s now sold it for 235 on eBay haha.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

CoD WWII. Like many, I was suckered into the return of BotG. What I got was a complete shitshow: lag, putrid map design, terrible gun balance, and SBMM, getting put in sweat lobbies across the globe is NEVER a good thing.

Before that, without question Mass Effect: Andromeda. And the sad part is, I actually wasted $70 on the Deluxe Edition for this POS. I traded it in for Monster Hunter World and haven't regretted it at all.

Eh, it could be worse, I guess, I could've gotten Destiny 2 with the expansion pass. 

Around the Network

Star Wars battlefront 2. Decided it had dropped in price enough, would buy it second hand (so no money went to EA) and I could ignore the lootboxes as I always do. The game looked great and assault mode looked like a blast on the faithful recreations of key SW locations.

Wrong.

The game does indeed look great but plays like an absolute mess. It's nigh on impossible to spot enemies across the maps and my HUD was constantly filled with bizarrely flashes of varying colours, with no explanation of what it meant. Also for a fast paced shoot, the spawn screen slowed it down a lot, somehow they'd managed to give a multiplayer focused game pacing issues. Fortunately as it was second hand, I was able to return it the next day for a full refund.

Realised that this is actually a problem I have with many EA games - lack of polish. I had similar pacing problems with Battlefront 1. Every FiFA game has that oddity where it asks your lanaguage on bootup. Come to the conclusion (belatedly) that EA games are a lost cause.

Golf Story.

Not that it's a bad game, just wasn't for me.

From off the top of my mind, i can think of Ys origin.

It's not that it's a bad game and i liked 6 and Felghana. But, it's just too dated and i got much better things to play. I don't dislike it, i just don't have the spare time for it.

Xenoverse 2. Wanted to support it on the Switch and played so little of it. I also regret buying Disgaea 5. The writing was great but for some reason I couldn’t get past the gameplay mechanics (and that god awful base music oml) even though strategy RPG’s are my thing.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Dandara

The art work, the metroidvania-ness, the fact that it had a black female main character, and the trailer showed off cool looking fast paced combat. Sounded great to me.

I find the game to be utterly unplayable. Occasionally I'd briefly find myself having fun teleporting around and blasting dudes, but it kills me with its completely out of place use of a "Dark Souls" style death tax.

Awful game. Shocked it was reviewed as well as it was.