By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the last gaming purchase that you regret?

Without doubt, Far Cry 5. I forced myself to get close to clearing one zone but then just sold it the next day. As a long time fan of the series, I could not believe how people were eating this crap up.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Without doubt, Far Cry 5. I forced myself to get close to clearing one zone but then just sold it the next day. As a long time fan of the series, I could not believe how people were eating this crap up.

For me personally, I just don't like the idea of a Far Cry game that is set in a civilized society. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
GribbleGrunger said:

For me personally, I just don't like the idea of a Far Cry game that is set in a civilized society. 

It had nothing to so with the setting to be honest. It just didn't play or feel like all the other Far Cry games I've played. The game was constantly trolling you so you couldn't play as you wanted. I like stealth but only successfully stealthed about three outposts because something unforeseen would happen that riled everyone up. When trying to explore, I was constantly getting harassed by enemies who just appeared out of no where. What makes that even worse is that, once you've cleared a good percentage, you have to deal with planes that can spot you even when you're under cover of woodlands. I hated every moment with the game because of that. Using the roads was just not fun either. I tested this out by moving towards a road and then backing off and every time I did a vehicle would appear. I could actually see the vehicles fade in literally a few hundred yards down the road.   

The PS5 Exists. 

Nothing this gen, but then again my WiiU and PS4 libraries aren't large, and my Switch library is non-existant. Anyway that makes the last game purchase I regret The Last of Us.

Mass Effect Andromeda. I don’t usually regret a game purchase, I gamble on hit or miss games all of the time. Andromeda though, I could feel the shame after the first few minutes.

Around the Network

3DS

Shiken said:
Kirby Star Allies. In fact, it is the ONLY gaming purchase I have regretted for a long time.

Played the demo and it just seemed too shallow. One of the few Nintendo games I've been able to resist buying.

Reading some of the posts here just reminded me of my greatest failure: WWE 2K18 for the Switch.

I was so excited for that game. I spent the $80 on the Digital Deluxe version within minutes of it being available. How could I know it would be such an unplayable and broken experience?

d21lewis said:
Reading some of the posts here just reminded me of my greatest failure: WWE 2K18 for the Switch.

I was so excited for that game. I spent the $80 on the Digital Deluxe version within minutes of it being available. How could I know it would be such an unplayable and broken experience?

It honestly didn't surprise me that it was a broken mess, I ended up going with the PS4 version

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Shiken said:

If there is even one game that you consider a must play that you cannot play without a Switch, you lose all credibility in your statement that a Switch is a regrettable purchase.

Just sayin'

Credibility.

In a joke.

In a thread about people's personal regrets.

You can't make this shit up.

Disregard me.  Sometimes I wake up in the morning and say to myself, "You know what?  I think I am going to be THAT GUY today."

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261