By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be 2018's disappointing AAA games?

What game will be the most disappointing in 2018?

Shenmue III 23 27.38%

Crackdown 3 24 28.57%

Red Dead Redemption 2 1 1.19%

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 17 20.24%

Battlefield V 1 1.19%

Spider-Man 5 5.95%

Super Smash Bros. for Switch 4 4.76%

Detroit: Become Human 6 7.14%

Kingdom Hearts 3 0 0%

Other 3 3.57%

Total:84

Shenmue 3 isn't AAA. It has a budget of around 10 million, a small team and it will not be heavily advertised.

Around the Network

If it comes this year, Pokemon for Switch. People are expecting so much from it, but Game Freak are not very good developers and mark my words, it won't be anything more than a slightly polished 3DS game.

Black Ops IIII probably. It's already a disappointment in my book just removing the campaign, now that they're selling it for $60, along with the rumors that the game just got reworked a couple months ago, I doubt they can deliver a polished game in 4 months from now. They can't even do it in 3 years. Oh and Lootboxes always hurt the experience.

I don't know how crackdown can dissapoint when no one has any expectations for it.....

My bet would be blopsIIII.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

It'll probably be Crackdown but I'm secretly hoping it'll blow away people's expectations. I've been let down before, though.

Around the Network

Crackdown 3 without a doubt.

Other than that, I’m not sure what games are coming out this year. If tomb raider makes it, I can see that disappointing.

Cod and or battlefield.
Possibly Spider-Man. Somehow I can’t see it living up to the hype.

Detroit: Become Human is going to generate a ton of negativity from the expected "omg it's not a game it's a movie" crowd who cannot stand the idea that others might like something they do not. I don't think that counts because they've already made up their minds that they'll hate it.

pokoko said:
Detroit: Become Human is going to generate a ton of negativity from the expected "omg it's not a game it's a movie" crowd who cannot stand the idea that others might like something they do not.
I don't think that counts because they've already made up their minds that they'll hate it.

What? What does generating negativity have to do with not understanding that others might like such games? Are you saying that if anyone from said crowd expresses negativity, they must automatically might not be able to see how said games are enjoyable to others? The two ideas don't intertwine well. 

The first Titanfall was NOT disappointing and was well recieved. Everyone knew what they were getting with that game and it should not be on the list. One of the very few X1 exclusives I found worth playing TBH.

OT...I am gonna say Sea of Theives for low hanging fruit.  Dig a bit deeper and I think both Crackdown 3 AND Shenmue 3 will fail to live up to expectations, and be shoe im candidates for most disappointing games of the year as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
pokoko said:
Detroit: Become Human is going to generate a ton of negativity from the expected "omg it's not a game it's a movie" crowd who cannot stand the idea that others might like something they do not.
I don't think that counts because they've already made up their minds that they'll hate it.

What? What does generating negativity have to do with not understanding that others might like such games? Are you saying that if anyone from said crowd expresses negativity, they must automatically might not be able to see how said games are enjoyable to others? The two ideas don't intertwine well. 

Don't make up arguments.  I was clear with what I was talking about.  There are people who attack games that they see as "too cinematic" when all they need do is avoid those games.