By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be 2018's disappointing AAA games?

What game will be the most disappointing in 2018?

Shenmue III 23 27.38%

Crackdown 3 24 28.57%

Red Dead Redemption 2 1 1.19%

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 17 20.24%

Battlefield V 1 1.19%

Spider-Man 5 5.95%

Super Smash Bros. for Switch 4 4.76%

Detroit: Become Human 6 7.14%

Kingdom Hearts 3 0 0%

Other 3 3.57%

Total:84

I'm a bit worried about Darksiders 3.

Around the Network

Lets see.

Even if Super Smash Bros is just a wii U/3ds port - it won't bomb.
I'm not even sure Crackdown 3 will come out this year. Although if it does, based on last year - that could be your winner.

Also why isn't Sea of thieves on the list? I doubt anyone was actually expecting a such a low-reviewing game.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Shenmue 3 isn't AAA. It has a budget of around 10 million, a small team and it will not be heavily advertised.

If it comes this year, Pokemon for Switch. People are expecting so much from it, but Game Freak are not very good developers and mark my words, it won't be anything more than a slightly polished 3DS game.

Black Ops IIII probably. It's already a disappointment in my book just removing the campaign, now that they're selling it for $60, along with the rumors that the game just got reworked a couple months ago, I doubt they can deliver a polished game in 4 months from now. They can't even do it in 3 years. Oh and Lootboxes always hurt the experience.

Around the Network

I don't know how crackdown can dissapoint when no one has any expectations for it.....

My bet would be blopsIIII.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

It'll probably be Crackdown but I'm secretly hoping it'll blow away people's expectations. I've been let down before, though.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Crackdown 3 without a doubt.

Other than that, I’m not sure what games are coming out this year. If tomb raider makes it, I can see that disappointing.

Cod and or battlefield.
Possibly Spider-Man. Somehow I can’t see it living up to the hype.

Detroit: Become Human is going to generate a ton of negativity from the expected "omg it's not a game it's a movie" crowd who cannot stand the idea that others might like something they do not. I don't think that counts because they've already made up their minds that they'll hate it.

pokoko said:
Detroit: Become Human is going to generate a ton of negativity from the expected "omg it's not a game it's a movie" crowd who cannot stand the idea that others might like something they do not.
I don't think that counts because they've already made up their minds that they'll hate it.

What? What does generating negativity have to do with not understanding that others might like such games? Are you saying that if anyone from said crowd expresses negativity, they must automatically might not be able to see how said games are enjoyable to others? The two ideas don't intertwine well. 

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

Someday you will die somehow 

And something's gonna steal your carbon