By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What will be 2018's disappointing AAA games?

What game will be the most disappointing in 2018?

Shenmue III 23 27.38%

Crackdown 3 24 28.57%

Red Dead Redemption 2 1 1.19%

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 17 20.24%

Battlefield V 1 1.19%

Spider-Man 5 5.95%

Super Smash Bros. for Switch 4 4.76%

Detroit: Become Human 6 7.14%

Kingdom Hearts 3 0 0%

Other 3 3.57%

Total:84
pokoko said:
Mnementh said:

There are people who attack games they see as "too childish", when all they need do is avoid those games.

There are people who attack games they see as "too simple", when all they need do is avoid those games.

There are people who attack games they see as "not graphically wowing enough", when all they need do is avoid those games.

There are people who attack games they see as "too slow", when all they need do is avoid those games.

All negativity is coming from people not liking some games for one reason or another. Picking one reason people dislike games and declare that reason as stupid is the same as saying you never should criticize games, because all needed is to stay away. You may not share the reason for some disliking a game you like, but that is because people are different. All you can do is say: you may dislike it for that very reason, but I disagree, as I feel differently. That's OK.

There is a meaningful difference between "I don't like that kind of game" and "I don't like that kind of game and they need to stop making them."  Perhaps it's the same thing to you but I do not believe that.  You can dislike something without aggressively attacking it at every turn.  

Disliking a genre shouldn't  stop someone from critiquing a game in that genre ,but it should come with the critic being open about their dislike and they should ask themselves if they can honestly review the game based on the genre/game style it inhabits and judge it against it's peers in a fair manner , the trouble is knowing exactly what your game related biases are and how they impact your critique can be hard enough let alone confronting them.

I may criticise  the game for having overly convoluted controller inputs to just open a door, now the tricky bit, is this me picking faults with a genre I don't like or a reasonable criticism that relates to games in general, valid concerns can be swept away as bias and bashing can be seen as deserved criticism that is the conundrum.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Is anyone really expecting Shenmue to be good? From the games in the list, it's the only one with potential to be a huge disaster.

JRPGfan said:

Wait "Shenmue 3" and "Crackdown 3" are AAA tier?

Should they even be on this list? more like AA?

Yes, C3 should be AAA. They hires Terry Crews for a commercial ffs.

Hunting Season is done...

Zoombael said:
JRPGfan said:

Wait "Shenmue 3" and "Crackdown 3" are AAA tier?

Should they even be on this list? more like AA?

Yes, C3 should be AAA. They hires Terry Crews for a commercial ffs.

That just says they spent alot on Marketing..... but tbh game doesnt look AAA.