By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo will host a Video presentation at E3 2018 featuring games releasing in 2018, 3 days of treehouse streaming

Early predictions:

super smash bros blowout, coming in september with online service

Fire Emblem Switch reveal (going off the recent rumors)

Fortnite coming to Switch 

Animal Crossing revealed, with fall release date

Yoshi 2018 release date

that's all I have for now

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Cool, I'll be sure to rely on you guys to fill me in on the highlights.

flashfire926 said:
Early predictions:

Nowhere to go but up!

KLAMarine said:

flashfire926 said:
Early predictions:

Nowhere to go but up!

my bad, I accidentally submitted before even typing anything lol.......its fixed now.

Although, its not a bad idea to set the expectations so low that's its impossible to get disappointed.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing Audrey whatever new games they have in stock! Hopefully we'll get trailers for both Metroid Prime 4 and Retro's new game, and perhaps news about Monolith's next project?

flashfire926 said:
KLAMarine said:

Nowhere to go but up!

my bad, I accidentally submitted before even typing anything lol.......its fixed now.

Although, its not a bad idea to set the expectations so low that's its impossible to get disappointed.

Indeed. I'm expecting to get a cold from the conference so it should be a good conference.

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
forest-spirit said:

Cool! I'm looking forward to seeing Audrey whatever new games they have in stock! Hopefully we'll get trailers for both Metroid Prime 4 and Retro's new game, and perhaps news about Monolith's next project?

2020 is the soonest that comes out imo. doubt we will hear anything since this is suppose to  be 2018 only.

Which also brings the questions... If this is truly 2018 only..... does that mean no Metriod Prime 4 news.... If we get no news here, I doubt we would hear about it again until an early 2019 direct at the earliest. Long drought on news for the  game at that point.

I missed that part. Well that's a bummer. While I understand why they'd focus on 2018 titles I don't see the point in limiting the presentation to games releasing in the next 6-7 months. We got a teaser for Metroid Prime 4 last E3 and I think it'd be quite the disappointment if the game gets no mention in this years presentation.

cycycychris said:

Looks like its what they normally do. I love there style of E3, its so direct and streamlined. Plus the treehouse streams are great, I'm excited to see what they have to show. I'm kind of disappointed to hear that there is no games from 2019 though. Maybe they'll sneak one or 2 in like they did last year.

I think the key phrase there is 'featuring games releasing in 2018'.  During the 2017 Digital Spotlight, the only games that were 'featured' in the sense that they were given more than 1½ minutes of air time were Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2 and the BotW DLC; all of which were released in 2017.   I assume Nintendo will keep the same format this year where Smash Bros, Fire Emblem and maybe one more game will get high-production three minute trailers while everything else like smaller titles, 3rd party releases and 2019 reveals get 1-1½ min trailers.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 26 April 2018

I'm sure they'll at least have 1 or 2 surprises for 2019, I hope...

Then again, what do we know about the 2nd half of the year for their line up? The only think I can think of is Smash Bros. So there could be some really nice surprises at their E3 showing this year.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Did they say a similar thing in 2017? Like focusing on 2017 release?

But hopefully this means that there are many games comin in 2018. And......

ANIMAL CROSSING!!!! POKEMON!!!! FIRE EMBLEM!!! are in this year!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Did they say a similar thing in 2017? Like focusing on 2017 release?

But hopefully this means that there are many games comin in 2018. And......

ANIMAL CROSSING!!!! POKEMON!!!! FIRE EMBLEM!!! are in this year!

This E3 will be only about 2018 games, with a later event focusing on 2019.

That’s a bummer, cause we probably won’t see Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, and maybe even Pokémon. They’re probably “only” going to show Smash, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem and another small surprise like Mario Party or something.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won