By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fire Emblem Warriors Ships 1 Million Units WW (NS + 3DS)

I would have picked this up, if not for my dislike of the Warriors formula. HW just didn't do it for me.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Around the Network

Did not expected that. I would like to see some west seles in specific markets.

I think the bigger story here is the fact that before the 3DS, a mainline Fire Emblem game had never reached 1 million units sold.
Now, a spinoff Fire Emblem game has done it.

Just more proof that Koei Tecmo don't really have to give up their tried and true formula. All they have to do is keep doing collaborations to fund their more experimental games.

Farsala said:
Just more proof that Koei Tecmo don't really have to give up their tried and true formula. All they have to do is keep doing collaborations to fund their more experimental games.

I dont agree actually.I actually think they just got lucky to land a deal with Nintendo and make games with highly recognizable IPs.The review of FE itself wasnt all that good, which indicate that changes needs to be done.And honestly, FE Warriors and Hyrule Warriors is one of the better musou games out there as far as I know.

Koei needs to do two things:Slow the hell down with the releases of mosou games.Honestly, they release like 2 or three a year.You are going to get fatigue this way.And secondly:Take their sweet time to thing of a new and better way to make mosou games.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Farsala said:

I dont agree actually.I actually think they just got lucky to land a deal with Nintendo and make games with highly recognizable IPs.The review of FE itself wasnt all that good, which indicate that changes needs to be done.And honestly, FE Warriors and Hyrule Warriors is one of the better musou games out there as far as I know.

Koei needs to do two things:Slow the hell down with the releases of mosou games.Honestly, they release like 2 or three a year.You are going to get fatigue this way.And secondly:Take their sweet time to thing of a new and better way to make mosou games.

The 2 or 3 musou games a year leads to them hitting records in their financials. As a musou fan, I actually do enjoy the games, even though I don't buy many of them. So if that is what it takes to get a Nioh tier game out then I am fine with it. As well as funding their smaller quality games like Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Both of which usually score high in reviews, but with low sales.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I meant to buy, but haven't yet. It is better then hyrule warriors or at least similar in quality...?

I would say that Characters in Hyrule Warriors have a larger variety of movesets.  While imo the other aspects is what you expect in a Warriors game. 

But I did enjoy HW more than FEW

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Farsala said:

Yes! I need more KTxNintendo. Maybe Pokemon is next? Or a Mario Warriors

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Farsala said:
Nautilus said:

The 2 or 3 musou games a year leads to them hitting records in their financials. As a musou fan, I actually do enjoy the games, even though I don't buy many of them. So if that is what it takes to get a Nioh tier game out then I am fine with it. As well as funding their smaller quality games like Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Both of which usually score high in reviews, but with low sales.

Bu then it begs the question:Whats more profitable in the long term:Release as much games as possible, probably soiling your reputation mid way and getting 500k or 600k from each game, or take 2 or 3 years to make one game, but preserving or even increasing your reputation in the process, AND getting great sales out of them?(Imagine like 2 or 3 millions, which a game with a high quality and one as recognizable as DW can certainky reach)

I think the answer is pretty obvious.And its not like Im saying to stop making spinn off like FE Warriors.Just..... take your time with them.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Farsala said:

Bu then it begs the question:Whats more profitable in the long term:Release as much games as possible, probably soiling your reputation mid way and getting 500k or 600k from each game, or take 2 or 3 years to make one game, but preserving or even increasing your reputation in the process, AND getting great sales out of them?(Imagine like 2 or 3 millions, which a game with a high quality and one as recognizable as DW can certainky reach)

I think the answer is pretty obvious.And its not like Im saying to stop making spinn off like FE Warriors.Just..... take your time with them.

Hard to say what is right for every specific company.  KT might rely on consistent sales like many other companies do with their yearly games. Holding Omega Force to one game per 2 or 3 years would create a significant gap in revenues and profits, which their other development teams may not be able to fill. Maybe right now those other development teams are taking 2 or 3 years to churn out a truly quality game like the team that did Nioh. All their other teams are small time, so they still need to be up to par before KT can shelf Omega Force for awhile.