By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Opinion): God of War has the best side Content/End Game content ever

Best side content among these eight contenders.

The Witcher 3. 9 21.43%

God of War. 15 35.71%

GTA 5. 0 0%

Zelda BoTW 10 23.81%

Horizon Zero dawn. 2 4.76%

NieR Automata. 1 2.38%

Bloodborne/Souls 3 1 2.38%

Nioh 0 0%

Other/commetns/middle America... 4 9.52%

Total:42

I do agree. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm just doing a side quest. Majority of them feel like they're main story missions.

Around the Network

I would say the best side content, apart from God of War, has to be The Witcher 3 with Gwent.

pitzy272 said:
d21lewis said:
Haven't beaten the game. Not sure how close I am. Just got the light arrows yesterday (hopefully that statement is vague enough to not spoil the game for anyone). I'm looking forward to seeing the content you're speaking of!

For me, games like this are to be savoured. We don't get experiences like this very often.

Feel the same way. This game is definitely special. I’ve been doing a ton of side quests and keep thinking about how I don’t want the game to end.

PwerlvlAmy said:
I rank as following for the content.

Zelda
GOW
Witcher 3

Both GOW/Zelda are games I could easily go back to and do everything all over again any day of the week. Witcher 3 however feels more like a chore than actual fun

So have your reservations been quelled since you played GoW? I know you were doubtful, even after reviews came out. Curious to hear your thoughts.

OT:  I think I’m only about 2/3 of the way through the game, but I was just thinking about this earlier today. The side quests really are quite enjoyable, and to me, they don’t feel like as much of a grind as in other games. Loved Horizon, side quests felt very grindy often times. 

Yeah I mean, I don't like giving into hype before I've had a chance to play the game myself and I also do not like listening to reviews in order to shape my own personal narrative.  That's the beauty about waiting and seeing sometimes, either you get completely justified in the way you originally thought or you get pleasantly surprised like with God Of War. 

God Of War surprised me and for the first time in its series history,actually got me excited for the franchise. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

My opinion you must not have played alot of games

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

John2290 said:
kirby007 said:
My opinion you must not have played alot of games

Plainumed 37 this generation, not trophy whore plats but the challenging kind, finished about 150ish, dug my teeth well into over anothrt 100 and played over 300 in total with 350 bought. Pretty sure my opinion on this topic isn't wrong because of the ammount of games I've played. Try another.

No its my opinion so it stands.... wait wait that sounds not unknown does it?

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
kirby007 said:

No its my opinion so it stands.... wait wait that sounds not unknown does it?

My opinion, you need a better opinion. 

You are entitled to think that doesnt remove the idiocracy from the pot calling the kettle black

I have to give it to Zelda because from a certain point of view everything after the plateau is side-content. That version of Hyrule is in my opinion the best world that has ever been created in a game and so fun to explore, there was always a shrine to find, a Korok seed somewhere, NPC's to help and huge enemies to fight.

Witcher 3 for me definitely. I've never played a game where I was so invested in side quest and their outcomes. The side quest in Witcher definitely opened up more of the world and some of them were really interesting and fun. The side quest also felt like episodes to a t.v show. Each side character had personality and background to the point where they felt like main characters that you would see again.

As for the end game dlc content I was blown away. Both Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine were the best end game content I've ever played. Blood and Wine stood out the most. Seriously what other game brings you to another country with also adding tons of more hours to playtime? Not to mention it's own main story.

I'm expecting GoW in the mail tommorow (hopefully) so I haven't played it yet but so far I'm pumped to play it.

You forgot Fallout 4 but put Nier Automata? Wut?

The fact that you even considered Zelda is weird. Collect me 10 crickets, gather me 50 mushrooms and a ton of boring environmental puzzles aren't examples of good and entertaining side quests. Obviously God of War is going to seem superb compared to that.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.