By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Opinion): God of War has the best side Content/End Game content ever

Best side content among these eight contenders.

The Witcher 3. 9 21.43%

God of War. 15 35.71%

GTA 5. 0 0%

Zelda BoTW 10 23.81%

Horizon Zero dawn. 2 4.76%

NieR Automata. 1 2.38%

Bloodborne/Souls 3 1 2.38%

Nioh 0 0%

Other/commetns/middle America... 4 9.52%

Total:42

Man, it is so hard to discern between these games when it comes to deciding which one had the best side content.

God of War is greatly impressing me and I can't wait to do the side content and get all the optional bosses and stuff. As it stands, it reminds me a lot of Dark Souls/Bloodborne in that regard. Linear but still has elements of open world and choice. Unlike Bloodborne/Dark Souls, though, the side content has easily enjoyable story and narrative elements.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
TranceformerFX said:
You forgot Fallout 4 but put Nier Automata? Wut?

Fallout 4, you must be joking. The whole game, main story and side quest alike is just "go here kill everything and return for some reason, mainly because I say so, with my bad voice acting and horrible writing." Neir Automata had an option to buy all the trophies with in game currency at end game, I did yet I still went back and did all the side quests because of the narrative pull and how entertaining they were, just quirky and fun. As I said in the OP, most of those games fall much short, Nier included.

I disagree - greatly. Especially compared to Breath of the Wild. Like, can we all as gamers get off of Nintendo's dick already? BOTW lost me the moment I found out that the Master Sword needs "recharging". Like, seriously? And don't get me started on BOTW's abundace of useless open space, Fallout 4 was dense, especially in downtown Commonwealth.

And "best content" is relative to someone's taste. Other quests are more entertaining than others depending on what type of games people enjoy. But let's make one thing clear - Fallout 4 has GOBS more content than Nier Automata by a landslide.

Don't get me wrong, Nier Automata is a great game. But comparing the two based on content is kinda dumb. 

Not just content, GOOD content. Fallout 4 is a piss poor excuse for a game next to the rest on those list and terrible in almost all aspects of design for an "8th gen game". It feels like a remaster of a 7th gen title, Bethesda went content over quality and very little of that content is good, at most it's passable if you've nothing else to do, I plat'd the game, just hoping and hoping there would be better quests something akin to New vegas or F3  quality, that reality never came.

Oh jeez... New Vegas is inferior in every conceivable aspect to Fallout 4. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess your primarily play on PC? It would explain your disdain towards Fallout 4, considering it was ported over from consoles to PC - instead of the other way around. 

John2290 said:
TranceformerFX said:

Oh jeez... New Vegas is inferior in every conceivable aspect to Fallout 4. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess your primarily play on PC? It would explain your disdain towards Fallout 4, considering it was ported over from consoles to PC - instead of the other way around. 

Nope, Ps4 player primarily, I play PC bound genres on my laptop and dabble in switch and x1 when I get a chance although I'm a bum in the respect of those two consoles, too cheap to buy them. Fallout 4 is just...bad.

Agree to disagree I guess. I can't stand New Vegas... I bought that game at launch, and I honestly have nothing good to say about it. But Fallout 4 was everything I hoped it would be, except for Bethesda playing it too safe with VATS...ugh... I expected a new and fresh overhaul of VATS because of the hardware difference from 2008 to 2015. But nope - no change whatsoever.

Only difference is that time slows down, rather than a full stop in Fallout 3.

I found Fallout 4 to have great side content, really immersed me in the game, encountered some cool characters, fleshed out some old ones and really breathed life in the post apocalyptic open world. I love the characters in this game, made for some heartwarming moments and some real connections. Even throwaway side content like helping the Brotherhood take new recruits on their initiation missions just felt so immersive.

I didn't find God of War's side content to be that great, it was mostly freeing spirits or finding old artifacts,kinda repetitive in my opinion. Wish there was more to the world than just dead things. I didn't do the Surtur trial thing either because it is just a horde mode, was pretty unimaginative gameplay design. And most side content entails killing dead things for some rare artifact which I don't use anyway.

God of War 4's side content is worth it if you want to listen to Mimir's stories or just want to see some cool father son interactions. I wish this open world had a lot more life to it, maybe some hidden village where you help people make civilization again, make a farm, anything, because it feels so unwelcoming and cold and unreasonable to do side content knowing that you won't make things that different other than making yourself strong through loot and gear.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Kerotan said:
I've completed it and on my next playthrough I will begin to work on the post game content.. I'm excited and I will let you know

Just finished it myself. Best ride ever.

Did you sleep after coming back to midgard?

No I'll do that today  I presume you just return home to do that?? 

John2290 said:

Sure you meet some characters along the way, didn't say you didn't. They are poorly written and VA'd as well as having little choice in interaction. What Fallout 4 does that is by far the most unforgivable offence to the Fallouts that came before it is the mass murder you MUST commit in Fallout 4 with no other choice if you want to progress one area of the story. I could forgive the shitty VA, the badly written characters, the lack of wit or amusement to the quests, the "go here clear this closet of mosnsters" quest structure...well, actually no, I can't forgive any of that but the choices you are left with when watered down amount to nothing more than wiping out a faction or mass murder to pick a side, that is most unforgivable.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but Fallout 4's quests were certainly not ALL like that. The ones that were are classified as "radiant" quests that are given by faction NPC's, and the sole purpose of them is to provide an infinite amount of times to complete it to help level up your character.

Yes, there are quests that are of that nature in Fallout 4. But to use that excuse to generalize with broad strokes that the whole game is like that is a gross exaggeration, and it's technically false/misinformation. 

Mass Effect series?

Ok I’m not going to read through the yet because I’ve only just started it and don’t want to spoil anything
However there is something I’d like to know, are there any missable collectables? Or can you concentrate on them after after completing the main story?

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

John2290 said:
StokedUp said:
Ok I’m not going to read through the yet because I’ve only just started it and don’t want to spoil anything
However there is something I’d like to know, are there any missable collectables? Or can you concentrate on them after after completing the main story?

Just platinumed it actually. No missible trophies or content. You never get locked out of anything however keeping track of what you've done in the game can be an issue, it doesn't do the Horzion thing where you can buy maps to unlock collectibles on your map so you're going to be confused a tad. You can see what areas you've gotten stuff which narrows it down but in the end I had to resort to guides to clear up the last few collectibles as some are VERY hard to find, the crows in particular are near invisible and you have to listen for the sound they make. Best advice if to just play the game and enjoy it and let the chips lie where they may when you wanna clear everything up. 

Thanks for the info man! At least I now know I can just sit back and enjoy the game and story without thinking I could have missed something! :)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website