By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War is probably the best game of this generation so far

I mean I love it so far, but for me BOTW still takes the cake. I will make a decision when I'm done with the game but personally it's looking like BOTW still.It's just got way more depth in gameplay and I'll take that over cinematic experience and storytelling any day. But again, maybe there's something I haven't seen yet. Currently 25 hours or so in, apparently I've got about 10 hours left.

Oh, that reminds me, gotta put this game on Playing...

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 21 April 2018

Around the Network

then the next big AAA game comes out and that will be labeled ''best game of the generation''. Its the honeymoon period. Same thing happened with BOTW,Uncharted 4,etc

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Not when BotW exists. Maybe the best PS4 game for sure.

You trying to make me feel bad for falling asleep during the opening...

Slimebeast said:
Fuck me, son.

To me the best game of the generation is Kingdom Come: Deliverance (at least until Mount & Blade: Bannerlord comes out), but that's a multiplat. Out of exlusives God ov War is easily the best.

And those graphics. They are the ungodly graphics.

incorrect, kingdom meta is only 76 for pc not game of anything

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
Not when BotW exists. Maybe the best PS4 game for sure.

youre wrong

Warned (Substance) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 22 April 2018

Haven't finished the game yet, so this is just a precursory assessment, but at this moment it's definitely a tie between this game and Breath of the Wild. It's hard to compare the two, because Breath of the Wild accomplishes what it sets out to do so well, but it is a very flawed game. Meanwhile, God of War doesn't do that much that's novel (whereas BotW is Portal Skyrim, God of War is a cross between The Last of Us, Dark Souls, and Witcher), it's also functionally a perfect game. At first I thought the combat was a bit too simplistic, but then the game started to incorporate runic attacks and a VERY in-depth leveling system, and I was sold.

Basically, it's hard to say which is the best, but the two games are so far ahead of every other great and near great game this generation that it doesn't really matter.

Edit: I should say that I say this as someone who has repeatedly thought both Zelda and God of War were incredibly overrated franchises in the past.

patronmacabre said:

Haven't finished the game yet, so this is just a precursory assessment, but at this moment it's definitely a tie between this game and Breath of the Wild. It's hard to compare the two, because Breath of the Wild accomplishes what it sets out to do so well, but it is a very flawed game. Meanwhile, God of War doesn't do that much that's novel (whereas BotW is Portal Skyrim, God of War is a cross between The Last of Us, Dark Souls, and Witcher), it's also functionally a perfect game. At first I thought the combat was a bit too simplistic, but then the game started to incorporate runic attacks and a VERY in-depth leveling system, and I was sold.

Basically, it's hard to say which is the best, but the two games are so far ahead of every other great and near great game this generation that it doesn't really matter.

Edit: I should say that I say this as someone who has repeatedly thought both Zelda and God of War were incredibly overrated franchises in the past.

So what?

Perfection is overrated if you aren't doing something interesting.

Sorry but an interesting game that's nearly perfect is better than a game with no novelty that is "functionally perfect" (a.k.a. milktoast)

I just started it, but it might be the best single player story driven game.

Regardless how great it is, I will play it and move to the next.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Best 5 games of the gen so far for me are Automata at the top, followed by Witcher 3, Bloodborne and Breath of the Wild. Gonna start GoW soon to see what all the hype is about.