By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War is probably the best game of this generation so far

Too bad , as Xbox gamer you are late for the party 

Mike Ybarra has shown his interest to the games 

Last edited by HollyGamer - on 21 April 2018

Around the Network

Nope

Valdath said:

Best 5 games of the gen so far for me are Automata at the top, followed by Witcher 3, Bloodborne and Breath of the Wild. Gonna start GoW soon to see what all the hype is about.

For me it's been the same until now (haven't played the rest). Waiting for god of war too 

I'm still looking at playthroughs, but I'm not really feeling GOW yet. I get a RE4 vibe in terms of potential greatness what with the way the camera and pacing of some battles play out, but with hack and slash that looks like it could get overly repetitive.

Lube Me Up

I might add it in my lineup of best game this generation, but I haven't played it yet, we'll see soon in the coming months, I might add Red Dead Redemption 2 when it releases, but for now, I have The Witcher 3, Mad Max, Breath of the Wild and Arkham Knight as Best Games this Gen, I always get back to these games and it still feels fresh for some reason.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Managed to get another 3 hours in tonight. It's just so good. Can't wait for tomorrow when I should have about 6 hours spare. Already can't wait to play through it again to experience many awesome moments.

Some of the graphics are just mind boggling. Especially some of the boat scenes around the world serpent. Using ps4 Pro performance mode on a 1080p TV.

John2290 said:
contestgamer said:

youre wrong

Agreed, However I'm still of the mind that Nioh, Neir Automata and Horizon from last year are better games than BoTW, which isn't a game I'd rate on a 10 scale.

yeah BOTW is fairly overrated. Great, not all time great.

John2290 said:
contestgamer said:

youre wrong

Agreed, However I'm still of the mind that Nioh, Neir Automata and Horizon from last year are better games than BoTW, which isn't a game I'd rate on a 10 scale.

Sorry for double, but would i like automata if i love the mgs franchise (especially 1 and 2) and mainly their story and style?

John2290 said:
SvennoJ said:
You trying to make me feel bad for falling asleep during the opening...

If you consider the opening the trek through the woods, you're off by about 3 or 4 hours.

No clue where I am, just had a long fight with the stranger. I changed the difficulty to story mode as it just kept going. The game play hasn't grabbed me yet, I'm here waiting for my tea to be ready instead of playing... It looks amazing though, only the camera is a bit tiring, almost like watching someone play a VR game.

HZD had the same problem with the opening and got really good later so no worries yet. Can't all be like botw and instantly be fun...

Not even close.