By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War is probably the best game of this generation so far

contestgamer said:
OTBWY said:
Not when BotW exists. Maybe the best PS4 game for sure.

youre wrong

*you're

Explain to me how my opinion is wrong and how the OP's opinion is right. This should be fun.

Last edited by OTBWY - on 22 April 2018

Around the Network

That's exactly what I'm doing. My 50 inch 4k has no HDR so I'm rocking it on the 65 inch on performance mode, super sampling enabled and boost mode turned on just in case. But it looks do damn good. The funnest game I've ever played. And to debut my Pro with God of War I couldn't be a happier man. I might go back to Horizon Zero Dawn after this but man well be a completionist for God of War.

I would say it actually is, they really overhauled the series. The story is good do far and the characters really shine. It also tries things that I have not yet seen in a hack and slash game. Especially the focus on brawling some enemies. It's also great how you can use your shield as crowd control mechanism instead of just plain defense.

The game is challenging (if you want it to be) the whole world and atmosphere feel amazing. On the PS4 pro I can Switch between graphics, for exploring and fps for combat. The fact that they implemented brawling and it being useful is a pretty new neat gameplay mechanic. Due to the large skill tree and the variety it seems like multiple playtroughs are enjoyable.

Long story short it combines the best elements of the last of us, soulsborne and obviously previous god of war games. With that it is probably the best game I played on my PS4.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

This game has made me a God of War fan. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it.

It may become my fav game of the gen, depending on how it evolves. I really enjoy story driven games with well written characters and story. If a game lacks those, I just can't fully appreciate it, and gow seems to have everything I want.

Around the Network

I m 6hrs into the game and all i can think of going back home and playing it again, and how come no one mentions Mario Odyssey, instead keeps bringing up over rated BotW, I didnt even finish the game, story wasnt compelling enough to keep me engaged and perishable weapon is a stupid idea, seems like people rated BoTW with nostalgia goggles on. On the other hand Mario is super fun and leagues ahead of BotW, so far GoW for me personally is up there with MO never had a dull moment story wise or game play wise.

taus90 said:
I m 6hrs into the game and all i can think of going back home and playing it again, and how come no one mentions Mario Odyssey, instead keeps bringing up over rated BotW, I didnt even finish the game, story wasnt compelling enough to keep me engaged and perishable weapon is a stupid idea, seems like people rated BoTW with nostalgia goggles on. On the other hand Mario is super fun and leagues ahead of BotW, so far GoW for me personally is up there with MO never had a dull moment story wise or game play wise.

That's why its an opinion. :P

Kai_Mao said:
taus90 said:

really i thought it was fact considering Mario sold better. but i guess if a guy on internet is say its an opinion rather than preference, then i must be wrong. :P

taus90 said:
Kai_Mao said:

really i thought it was fact considering Mario sold better. but i guess if a guy on internet is say its an opinion rather than preference, then i must be wrong. :P

Are you suggesting the sales of a game make it automatically better? I really hope this isn't the case.

OTBWY said:
taus90 said:

Are you suggesting the sales of a game make it automatically better? I really hope this isn't the case.

Well u missed the sarcasm, by taking it out of context good job.. but just for humor sake, what actually does make a game "automatically" better?