By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge #319 - Dark Souls Remastered cover - Scores: God of War, Far Cry 5, more.

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:

Nah they only use integers, reviewers that use decimal points are clearly more accurate.

That doesn't refute what I said. Edge uses the middle and the lower half of their scale more often than other publications.

Right, but my point wasn't just that they rated PlayStation games lower than Meta, my point was that they do it to a greater degree then games by other companies, so it was 12.9 points lower on average for those games I listed, now let's look at the last 10 Nintendo games they reviewed.

kirby                                 Meta: 73    Edge: 70
xenoblade                       Meta: 83    Edge: 70
fe warriors                       Meta: 74    Edge: 70
metroid                            Meta: 85    Edge: 60
smo                                   Meta: 97    Edge: 100
mario + Rabbids              Meta: 85    Edge: 90
Hey! Pikmin                      Meta: 69   Edge: 60
Splatoon 2                         Meta: 83   Edge: 80
Arms                                  Meta: 77    Edge: 90
Super Bomberman R :    Meta: 62    Edge: 40

So that's 5.8 points lower... So recently Edge has reviewed....

PlayStation Games 12.9 points lower on average
Nintendo Games 5.8 Points lower on average

Around the Network

i think Edge gave Sea of Thieves a 7 to save embarrassment for how much they covered the game in the last year

RolStoppable said:
pokoko said:

So does Quarter to Three.  So what?  Doesn't mean they're more credible at all.  

That's because using more numbers of a review scale is only part of being a good reviewer. Of course it also matters that the scores can be justified, and Edge is without a doubt far ahead of Quarter to Three in that regards.

You said a publication is more credible if it uses more numbers on the scale.  Quarter to Three does that and they are one of the least credible reviewers on Metacritic.  Your original comment was nonsense because it does not consider how those numbers are used.  

CGI-Quality said:
celador said:
i think Edge gave Sea of Thieves a 7 to save embarrassment for how much they covered the game in the last year

Could it not be that they enjoyed it more than others?

Sea of Thieves got 69, so 7/10 is hardly a deviation from other reviewers anyway. xD

CGI-Quality said:
celador said:

Could it not be that they enjoyed it more than others?

of course it could be, though the fact they rate all the other games significantly lower than the average this and most months but not Sea of Thieves is a bit strange. In the last year they have given this game magazine covers, multiple big articles, and done a huge loving piece to Rare in general. Even the most trusted reviewers/publications have some bias, and to me, i wouldn't be surprised if it influenced this score. 

Around the Network

Lol classic edge, sea of thieves only 1 point off gow!

Edge is a trusted magazine in my eyes. They don't give out 10/10 that easily. The ones that do get it, are totally deserved.

Kerotan said:
Lol classic edge, sea of thieves only 1 point off gow!

GoW was only 1 point behind Arms!, couldn't quite get that 9/10. A real shame!

Sony should stop sending edge games to review. Edge is so nintendo biased

8 is a great score!

Pocky Lover Boy!