By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge #319 - Dark Souls Remastered cover - Scores: God of War, Far Cry 5, more.

HollyGamer said:
Edge are loosing their edge this couple of years. I am used to trust their review in 6th and 7th gen era.

But gladly we now have metacritic and other sites to compare.

True. Amazon's aggregate score is very informative for example.

Around the Network

anyone else kind of tired of review wars? sometimes i think people care more about reviews than enjoying games.

I love everyone disagreeing with SOTs score yet on Meta the game averages 7s every where else..
Maybe its not Edges problem on rating SOTs, maybe it just underscored other games.

freebs2 said:
HollyGamer said:
Edge are loosing their edge this couple of years. I am used to trust their review in 6th and 7th gen era.

But gladly we now have metacritic and other sites to compare.

True. Amazon's aggregate score is very informative for exampl

Well we are not discussing Amazon review in this thread, and i dont care about Amazon. 

We are discussing about most of famous magazine for unbiased review becoming out of touch. 

HollyGamer said:
freebs2 said:

True. Amazon's aggregate score is very informative for exampl

Well we are not discussing Amazon review in this thread, and i dont care about Amazon. 

We are discussing about most of famous magazine for unbiased review becoming out of touch. 

Have you read the review? Is it out of touch beacuse of their arguments or because thier score it's not what you expected?

And what's the meaning of reviews anyway? To present an argumented opinion or to confirm your own personal bias?

Around the Network
freebs2 said:
HollyGamer said:

Have you read the review? Is it out of touch beacuse of their arguments or because thier score it's not what you expected?

And what's the meaning of reviews anyway? To present an argumented opinion or to confirm your own personal bias?

A review is just a review , no words or  argument can describe and representing  a quality games.  If your reason defending EDGE because they are good at building words to describes games, then KOTAKU are far better  because they even are not using score point and honest with their review.  

freebs2 said:
HollyGamer said:

So my answer,  Edge are good at making stories, like a poem but it doesn't matter if the poem are good or bad, as long it bias and out of touch it will still be an out of touch stories and review, period. 

The fall of mighty giant EDGE 

Azzanation said:
I love everyone disagreeing with SOTs score yet on Meta the game averages 7s every where else..
Maybe its not Edges problem on rating SOTs, maybe it just underscored other games.

No no no! That makes too much sense for these people to get. Sorry. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Who reviews for Edge? Jeff Gerstmann? its like the pessimistic view for the titles.

I dont agree or disagree, but I find it funny how it relates with Jeffs opinions on giantbomb. lol

Jranation said:
Azzanation said:

No no no! That makes too much sense for these people to get. Sorry. 

I think you’ll find that people are calling Edge for underscoring PS4 games.