By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - DJ and Producer "Avicii" has passed away, aged 28

sad to hear...

great talent and great music tracks

Artist, DJ and producer Tim Bergling, a.k.a. Avicii, died this afternoon in Oman, according to a statement from his rep. He was 28.

“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” the statement reads. “He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th.  The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”

He had retired from live performing in 2016, citing health reasons. He had suffered from health problems for several years, including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. He had his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.

Around the Network

R.I.P.

So young. I enjoyed his music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Always sad to see someone so young die. I quite liked his first album, great tracks to dance to.

Signature goes here!

I changed your thread title.

RIP Avicii. Really talented guy, gone too soon.

Oh brother

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Artist, DJ and producer Tim Bergling, a.k.a. Avicii, died this afternoon in Oman, according to a statement from his rep. He was 28.

“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” the statement reads. “He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th.  The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”

He had retired from live performing in 2016, citing health reasons. He had suffered from health problems for several years, including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. He had his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.

Just went to youtube not to long ago to listen to Avicii - The Nights.
I read this and went back and put it on, damn..... those lyrics ontop of this news.

Sucks to hear that his diet + heavy drinking might be what killed him.

Sad news. He was so young and talented.

JRPGfan said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

Just went to youtube not to long ago to listen to Avicii - The Nights.
I read this and went back and put it on, damn..... those lyrics ontop of this news.

Sucks to hear that his diet + heavy drinking might be what killed him.

yeah, i think it's not easy for them, you may be popular and enough money, but you have to pay a price for that, you don't have privacy, and are always under pressure because people are expecting that you can deliver...

That's way too young.

Not really the kind of music I ever listened to, but it's always sad to see anyone die so young.