By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One is the best console if you don't care about exclusive new games - The Verge

flashfire926 said:
Manlytears said:

1 - are you talking about refunds? Cause you can do this on playstation easy, just make a call.

2 - alson can do this on playstation, whit psplus.

3 - talking about pro-controller? If yes, than i have to agree, that thing is expensive, but sure is another level, but... about the normal controller, it's a metter of opinion, but i find the DS4 miles better than the x1 standard controller...

4 - for real... do you have a ps4? Mine is quiet, just can't hear any sound while i'm playing.

5- $100 more expensive...

6- do you have some data? Something from the last 2 years? I see lots of people saying live is better, but is see no data.

1: Really? Can you link me to their policy please.

2: yeah, but on Xbox you don't have to pay for live to get cloud saves. Hence why I said "free".

3: okay fine, this one is more a matter of opinion, I'll give you that (although it's undeniable that analog stick placement on Xbox is better for everything that isn't a fighter or 2d platformer)

4: ps4 fans vary a lot, whereas Xbox is way more consistent. My friend has a jet engine variant

5: so what if it's a 100 bucks more? It's a high end console for enthusiasts. This isn't the base variant. 

6: live is down way less often than ps2 is. I'll get back to you once I've gathered the evidence.

1- https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Requesting-a-Refund

2 - ok, but if you put things like this, than ps got on major advantage here. If we are to talk about "no gold" vs "no ps+" than ps got a major advantage since lots of services/games don't require ps+ to work, like fortnite. You can play all online free games whit no ps+, but you can't do this whiout gold.

3 - again, a matter of oppinion. symmetrical sticks works better for me and asymmetry works better for you, there is no correct choice here.

4 - i have to agree. my ps4 is very quiet, but i have a fried that had some problems whit a loud ps4. In the end the fan was full of @#$#, and all he needed was to clean it. Note that all playstation consoles are very easy to open and clean the fan, even a trained monkey can do it.

5 - you have a very fair point here and numbers are at your side. Fact, X1X  is a much more powerfull console.

6 - i'm waiting some data, thanks for your time.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually agree. Almost everything is better on Xbox (compared to PS4) except the most important thing: the games.

The UI is better, the controller is better, the online subscription package is better, the BC is far better. But games trump all, and that's why Xbox One is inferior to PS4.

The xbox one is terrible I bought a one s to play with a few mates and games randomly close down/crash, All my mates experience this! the free games every month you don't get to keep where as on ps you do so how is the online subscription package better? I do like the xbox controller but thats about it, I can see myself selling this for the switch very soon.

The xbox may be the most powerful but clearly they don't know how to make use of the xbox one x power. Just look at god of war! it's easily the best looking game ever made, you need to have talent on your side to make use of the one x power and to produce amazing graphics along with games. Even digital foundry done a comparisons with gt sport and forza 7 and gt sport is the better looking more detailed game.

Then there's the player base, ps4 are always pretty much double the amount with each game bought compared to xbox so multiplayer games are going to die on xbox much quicker and not be as active.

The xbox one x isn't a huge leap over the ps4 pro, the xbox one x is only going to be a bit sharper in games with it hitting near the 4k mark compared to the ps but it's nothing special. If the specs are right about the ps5 then we really will see a powerhouse console, the bad thing about the pro and one x is that it's gpu limited due to the poor cpu. The ps5 is looking to be  much more balance hardware wise and the cpu and gpu will work amazingly well together and will be very powerful also,. The ps5 will be insane.

Last edited by xwar88x - on 23 April 2018

This is just a backhanded compliment. And only applies if you wish to shill out the extra $200 for the X. As far as base HW goes, PS4 is still better. Of course, exclusives are what gives your console an identity and real reason to buy. It's why the PS4 will sell 120M+ and XBO might not even hit 50M.

xwar88x said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I actually agree. Almost everything is better on Xbox (compared to PS4) except the most important thing: the games.

The UI is better, the controller is better, the online subscription package is better, the BC is far better. But games trump all, and that's why Xbox One is inferior to PS4.

The xbox one is terrible I bought a one s to play with a few mates and games randomly close down/crash, All my mates experience this! the free games every month you don't get to keep where as on ps you do so how is the online subscription package better? I do like the xbox controller but thats about it, I can see myself selling this for the switch very soon.

The xbox may be the most powerful but clearly they don't know how to make use of the xbox one x power. Just look at god of war! it's easily the best looking game ever made, you need to have talent on your side to make use of the one x power and to produce amazing graphics along with games. Even digital foundry done a comparisons with gt sport and forza 7 and gt sport is the better looking more detailed game.

Then there's the player base, ps4 are always pretty much double the amount with each game bought compared to xbox so multiplayer games are going to die on xbox much quicker and not be as active.

The xbox one x isn't a huge leap over the ps4 pro, the xbox one x is only going to be a bit sharper in games with it hitting near the 4k mark compared to the ps but it's nothing special. If the specs are right about the ps5 then we really will see a powerhouse console, the bad thing about the pro and one x is that it's gpu limited due to the poor cpu. The ps5 is looking to be  much more balance hardware wise and the cpu and gpu will work amazingly well together and will be very powerful also,. The ps5 will be insane.

@bold: I think you’re a little confused. It’s actually the opposite. Through GWG you get to keep all X360 games forever, even after your Xbox Live subscription lapses. When you end your PS+ membership, all your “free” games are inaccessible. 

reviniente said:
DialgaMarine said:

How so? It’s a known fact that a console’s quality is based primarily off of it’s exclusive software, so without exclusives, the console’s quality is greatly reduced. To say a console is the best if you ignore a lack of exclusives is no different than saying some restaurant’s hamburger is the best if you ignore it’s lack of a beef patty. It makes no sense to say that. A console without exclusives is nothing more than an underpowered PC with even less features. That’s not fanboy agenda, that’s just logic. 

If the Xbox One had no exclusives, you would have a point. But alas, it does. Then you have all those PS4 players that chose GTAV over many exclusives. What are the odds RDR2 will outsell GoW on PS4? Guess they would rather have the hot-dog over the hamburger, instead. Your logic needs work.

Your logic is the one that needs work... because RDR2 and GoW will sell great on PS4, while RDR2 will sell great on X1 (but less than PS4) with SoT not doing anywhere near GoW sales.

That is the point people are saying, on PS4 you get what X1 has plus the exclusives. You simply get more.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
DonFerrari said:

And we were both wrong. I got the 40-60 from vgc itself claimed several times and was wrong, you claimed they cost the same and pemalite and the other PC gamer showed that you were wrong on same price.

Actually I am still waiting for someone to show me one example from the past 30 days.  I somewhat expect there to be an example out there, since I'm not saying they are the same price 100% of the time.  I just find it funny that people are willing to argue so much while providing zero authentic evidence.

You are making it every time more restrictive right? You next you are going to ask for an example of this week? Pemalite already gave you some examples.

hudsoniscool said:
flashfire926 said:
I would be hard-pressed to say I disagree.
-Backwards compatibility across two gens (500 games and counting)
-Xbox Game Pass ($10 a month for a good library of 150+ games)
-Returns on digital purchases
-free cloud saves
-better controller layout and build quality
-4k blu-ray
-whisper quiet in operation
-a much better executed mid-gen upgrade
-more reliable online network

But all this pales in comparison when you dont have exclusives.

I’ll take those features any day. Would I love to play uncharted 4, horizon, last of us, and god of war. Of course I would but even if I did own a ps4 90% of my purchases would be muliplat games still so the question that I ask myself is. Do I want all those features + the best looking and playing version of muliplats or do I want to have those extra 10% of games. For me the choice is Xbox. I think people should respect that as I respect other people’s right to choose first party over all that. 

Ps my favorite game series of all time is halo so that helps sway me towards Xbox from the get go.

And when X1X didn't exist and PS4 (and after PS4Pro) had the best version of MP, and you didn't even had many X1 exclusives, you choose X1 and that is because of as you said Halo... which just again validate the claim that exclusives matters. A single Halo for you trumps all the exclusives you listed for PS4 and that is fine.

flashfire926 said:
hudsoniscool said:

I’ll take those features any day. Would I love to play uncharted 4, horizon, last of us, and god of war. Of course I would but even if I did own a ps4 90% of my purchases would be muliplat games still so the question that I ask myself is. Do I want all those features + the best looking and playing version of muliplats or do I want to have those extra 10% of games. For me the choice is Xbox. I think people should respect that as I respect other people’s right to choose first party over all that. 

Ps my favorite game series of all time is halo so that helps sway me towards Xbox from the get go.

Between me and you, my first choice is Xbox too. Mainly because of the Forza Series. and being able to carry over most of my 360 library (to the point where my 360 is almost useless now). Game Pass is just a great added bonus.

As for the last statement I made, I was talking about about the general consensus and not myself.

So it would be just Forza series, since BC was something added mid gen.

Pemalite said:
last92 said:

Things are changing rapidly, though. I noticed a great effort by Sony and MS in the last few years when it comes to sales on their digital stores. Plus, PS plus and GwG are overall incredibly good value for money.

Microsoft and Sony are only discounting a minimal amount of games though.
Steam discounts literally thousands of titles at any one time, that is the big difference here.

Sony and Microsoft have certainly made some bold improvements and good for them, but they still don't hold a candle to Steam.

last92 said:

Also, there are many ways to pay less than the full price for a game at launch on consoles.

I never claimed anything to the contrary.

last92 said:

Most retail stores will offer a discount if you preorder it, and you can also trade in old games (that's how it works in my country at least), so...I personally think pc and consoles are not so far as far as game pricing is concerned. They're just different. Of course, pc is still more convenient because it's all digital, whereas you need to do a little effort to grab the best deal on console by checking several retail stores.

You can get pre-order discounts and bonuses at retail stores as well for PC games, although physical PC sales is certainly a minority in this day and age.

PC has always had the advantage of lower software prices, but higher initial hardware prices.

LudicrousSpeed said:

But if you’re talking about sales or specials you can always find those for consoles as well.

Sometimes, but not always. I am a PC gamer with a massive library. And I do have a stupidly massive console game collection, so I am well versed on the costings of the media.

There is literally always a sale on somewhere for PC games, the same doesn't always hold true for Console though, especially on new release/pre-orders.

LudicrousSpeed said:

He said they’re $40 and $60 though, factually, meaning MSRP. That’s incorrect. Hell, I can get any game new day one for $48 at Best Buy, doesn’t change that the game released at $60.

Well. Best Buy doesn't exist here... And he doesn't live in the USA either thus currency may be different.

In Brazil it is common for PC games to launch about 140-160 (local currency) versus console at 250... Sony published are 200 which is a plus on console gaming. 

Manlytears said:
flashfire926 said:
-free cloud saves

-4k blu-ray

1 - are you talking about refunds? Cause you can do this on playstation easy, just make a call.

3 - talking about pro-controller? If yes, than i have to agree, that thing is expensive, but sure is another level, but... about the normal controller, it's a metter of opinion, but i find the DS4 miles better than the x1 standard controller...

4 - for real... do you have a ps4? Mine is quiet, just can't hear any sound while i'm playing.

6- do you have some data? Something from the last 2 years? I see lots of people saying live is better, but is see no data.

3 - And if you want no-standard control you can buy nyko and others.

4 - yep a lot of consoles and electronics get a lot of dirt on the vents and people forget to clean.

flashfire926 said:
Manlytears said:

1: Really? Can you link me to their policy please.

2: yeah, but on Xbox you don't have to pay for live to get cloud saves. Hence why I said "free".

3: okay fine, this one is more a matter of opinion, I'll give you that (although it's undeniable that analog stick placement on Xbox is better for everything that isn't a fighter or 2d platformer)

4: ps4 fans vary a lot, whereas Xbox is way more consistent. My friend has a jet engine variant

5: so what if it's a 100 bucks more? It's a high end console for enthusiasts. This isn't the base variant. 

6: live is down way less often than ps2 is. I'll get back to you once I've gathered the evidence.

2 - Do you really want to see all that MS have locked behind Gold over the years?

3 - It's totally deniable, a lot of users will say they had no issues and prefer PS layout while others will prefer X1.

5 - And where were you before the midgen update? Where you defending PS4 as the strongest and saying one should own it?

6 - Yes, I'm pretty sure PS2 network is down a lot.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
xwar88x said:

@bold: I think you’re a little confused. It’s actually the opposite. Through GWG you get to keep all X360 games forever, even after your Xbox Live subscription lapses. When you end your PS+ membership, all your “free” games are inaccessible. 

When you renew your ps+ you recover the access... but yes, never heard of GwG expiring for X360.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Manlytears said:
flashfire926 said:
-free cloud saves

-4k blu-ray

Getting a refund for Star Wars Battlefront because I wanted to buy the Digital Deluxe Version instead of the regular version was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. The lady actually said that "I've done this too many times already". I had never gotten a refund before and was trying to buy THE MORE EXPENSIVE VERSION.

It wasn't until I asked her to tell me when I'd ever gotten a refund before and she saw that I spent thousands on digital games that she authorized the refund. I hadn't even downloaded the game or played a single second of it.

Meanwhile, on Xbox One I had bought PUBG and realized that, after several matches, it totally sucked. I just clicked "refund" and my money was returned.

I actually haven't read the rest of your post but the easy refund thing is totally false!

*Edit*

2: I have multiple PS4s and Xbox Ones. I've said it repeatedly on this site but, on Xbox, playing a game is like watching a YouTube or Netflix movie. You can play a level, turn off the system (or even leave it on). Go to another console later on and jump in right where you left off in seconds. For FREE! 

I have two PS4s. Even when I had PS+, only the primary PS4 would automatically update to the cloud. It would only do it once per day. Other than that, you have to manually upload your save and then manually download the save on a second console. It's really cumbersome. You can copy your save data to a USB device, though.

4. I have a PS4 Pro and a regular PS4. Playing God of War on the Pro last night, it would sound like a jet engine! It would stop after a while but it would start again. Maybe every fifteen minutes.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 23 April 2018

Actually DonFerrari i chose Xbox one over ps4 for 3 reasons, and not just 1 game as u put it. 1st) all the features it has that ps4 doesn’t or the features it does better.2) IMHO Xbox live is vastly superior than psn in almost every way imaginable at this point. I’ve used both plenty and it’s just an opinion. I spend most of my time doing online stuff so this is a big one.3) halo.... it’s actually 3 games currently mcc,halo 5, and hw2.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

d21lewis said:
Manlytears said:

Getting a refund for Star Wars Battlefront because I wanted to buy the Digital Deluxe Version instead of the regular version was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. The lady actually said that "I've done this too many times already". I had never gotten a refund before and was trying to but THE MORE EXPENSIVE VERSION.

It wasn't until I asked her to tell me when I'd ever gotten a refund before and she saw that I spent thousands on digital games that she authorized the refund. I hadn't even downloaded the game or played a single second of it.

Meanwhile, on Xbox One I had bought PUBG and realized that, after several matches, it totally sucked. I just clicked "refund" and my money was returned.

I actually haven't read the rest of your post but the easy refund thing is totally false!

*Edit*

2: I have multiple PS4s and Xbox Ones. I've said it repeatedly on this site but, on Xbox, playing a game is like watching a YouTube or Netflix movie. You can play a level, turn off the system (or even leave it on). Go to another console later on and jump in right where you left off in seconds. For FREE! 

I have two PS4s. Even when I had PS+, only the primary PS4 would automatically update to the cloud. It would only do it once per day. Other than that, you have to manually upload your save and then manually download the save on a second console. It's really cumbersome. You can copy your save data to a USB device, though.

4. I have a PS4 Pro and a regular PS4. Playing God of War on the Pro last night, it would sound like a jet engine! It would stop after a while but it would start again. Maybe every fifteen minutes.

Don't let people know you didn't like PUBG.

xwar88x said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Again, there's some misinformation.

On Xbox One, the only games you get to keep are the freeXbox 360 titles.

On PS+, when your subscription runs out, you don't keep ANYTHING.

Both consoles have amazing sales all the time and you do (obviously) get to keep any games you purchased at discounted prices.l