By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Souls Switch delayed to Summer 2018

That will hurt the sales of it.

Around the Network

You know, i'm not a person that is so easily pissed off, but thiss... this hurts really bad. It doesn't make sense either, like we saw Dark Souls running on Switch and it was awesome. It even survived the infamous BlightTown so whats the deal?

I'm willing to accept that it might be due to the cart costs or something. Thats the only thing I think might be holding devs back at this point on Switch.

Man, this really sucks! I guess my wallets a little bit happier though...

Ka-pi96 said:
think-man said:

OT: this will really effect predictions. 

Predictions for what?

For which will sell more, switch or Xbox version. 

I would like to hear what was the cause of this delay before judging the devs or anyone.

Anyway, sad and mad right npw because I was waiting to play next month.

The only thing I hope is that NB accept the consequenses that this delay may do.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Feels so good being treated like this. Again. Oh well, their loss. Was gonna be there day 1.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Predictions for what?

For which will sell more, switch or Xbox version. 

I still think Switch-version will sell more

That's what happens when you have two different teams handling portings on different platforms...
The real bummer is that May was a good month for the remaster on Switch since only DK (and Hyrule Warriors ?) release in that month, this summer though is likely going to be stacked with Aces, Octopath, Captain Toad, Y's, Crash, The World Ends With You and another first party title for August

This really pisses me off! Seriously, Nintendo were the ones to get the reveal! Now the Switch version is gonna be late.

They can't be happy about that.

JSG87 said:
Whyyyyyy

"Due to the nature of causality, we must announce that the Nintendo Switch version of will be pushed back to summer of 2018..."

Probably ran into a problem (that doesnt occure on the PS4/XB1), and need time to figour out how to deal with it on the Switch.

If that will make the game look better and not have framerate issues then ok. Take the time.