By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Souls Switch delayed to Summer 2018

Woah, what the fuck? I was legitimately shocked to see this thread title on the front page, it seemed like Bandai and Nintendo were really pushing the Switch version, like someone else already said they even gave Nintendo the first reveal of it. Would not have expected it to be delayed.

I still think the game will sell well on Switch, but this will probably affect it a bit now that it's just gonna be a late port. Unless Bandai Namco is hoping for people who are gonna double dip when the Switch version later comes out. 

Ultimately if the game needs more time then it's good that they're willing to delay it for that since it means a better final product in the end usually, but damn that sucks.

Around the Network

Damn its not good feeling when dealay game that supposed to be out next month, but I guess I will buy it in summer than.

Porting to the Switch probably isn't easy. I suspect they're having trouble optimizing the game for such a weak hardware. I'd be glad if I was a nintendo fan, to be honest. Better wait a few months than have a 10 fps blighttown...again.

last92 said:
Porting to the Switch probably isn't easy. I suspect they're having trouble optimizing the game for such a weak hardware. I'd be glad if I was a nintendo fan, to be honest. Better wait a few months than have a 10 fps blighttown...again.

We already saw footage and game is running well. In fact, during pax demo players could go anywhere within 10 mins or first death.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

last92 said:

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. It's a PS3/X360 game, it's way more powerful than the first two, the game already run at 1080p.

Around the Network

Game after game after game indeed Bandai.

Seriously, this is just pitiful. The remaster barely looks like a remaster on Switch.

Doesn't bode well for the Switch but there are still three viable platforms that you can pick up day one on the 25th of May.

last92 said:

We already saw Blighttown though and it was running really well.

yess! Had a lot of things to buy in May, and now I can cross one thing off my list, thus saving me some cash for later!

I mean, nooooo, not thaaaat! bad! (Actually, I am getting the remaster on PS4 and Switch because I am a sad, corporate whore)

They probably accidently ported Demon's Souls to Switch and now got aware of that error.

All the work for nothing.