By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Memorable Playable Demos?

What are the most memorable demos in your life? I remember as a kid I used to play PS1 demo discs all the time. I remember one for Crash Bandicoot and Tomba I played those over and over again. I still have the demo disc that came with my Gamecube. I played those demos a lot (Splinter Cell, Sonic Adventure DX, Billy Hatcher) but played the Soul Calibur II demo the most. There were years where me and my friends did not buy the new FIFA but kept playing the demo over and over.

I remember being hyped for the GOW III demo that came with the GOW collection on PS3.

So what are your favorite demos? Also why don't we get as many demos anymore? I blame stupid Youtubers and Twitch!

Last edited by Signalstar - on 16 April 2018

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

What are the most memorable demos in your life? I remember as a kid I used to play PS1 demo discs all the time. I remember one for Crash Bandicoot and Tomba I played those over and over again. I still have the demo disc that came with my Gamecube. I played those demos a lot (Splinter Cell, Sonic Adventure DX, Billy Hatcher) but played the Soul Calibur II demo the most. There were years where me and my friends did not buy the new FIFA but kept playing the demo over and over.

I remember being hyped for the GOW III demo that came with the GOW collection on PS3.

So what are your favorite demos? Also why don't we get as many demos anymore? I play stupid Youtubers and Twitch!

Like you, I played a lot of demos on the PS1. After that however, the frequency with which I tried demos fell dramatically. I played maybe a half dozen on the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube combined, and only ONE during gen 7, which was Resistance: Fall Of Man. This gen, nothing. So, my fav is obviously from gen 5, and the pick is Resident Evil 2. Easy pick too.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The MGS2 and ZOE2 demos were good fun.

I was an OPM subscriber for a while during the PS2 days and my friends and I could have a blast for hours just taking turns on the same demos. Amplitude was a standout. 

The Brutal Legend demo was memorable for how much of a bait and switch it was compared to the rest of the game (not that I outright hated the full game).

Was the intro part to Metal Gear Solid 2 considered a demo...? I remember seeing a friend play as Snake on the boat and thinking that game looked really fun to play.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

My most memorable is probably Final Fantasy 8. It was on the demo disc that came with Parasite Eve.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Lunar Silver Star Harmony on PSP. I think that was the first demo I tried since the PS1 demo disc. lol

If someone asks why I'm using an alt account, CGI and Truckusaurus got me a temp approval until I get my iconic and notorious "kurasakiichimaru" account back. :p

My favorite was the Dreamcast demo disc that had Dead or Alive 2, Metropolis Street Racer, MDK, and others. Played that thing nonstop and imagined what the future held!

Most memorable was probably some OPM disc (* edit* it was Brave Fencer Musashi) that contained Final Fantasy VIII. I wanted that game so badly and it actually had cgi differences from the final game.

TallSilhouette said:

The MGS2 and ZOE2 demos were good fun.

I was an OPM subscriber for a while during the PS2 days and my friends and I could have a blast for hours just taking turns on the same demos. Amplitude was a standout. 

The Brutal Legend demo was memorable for how much of a bait and switch it was compared to the rest of the game (not that I outright hated the full game).

How could I forget the MGS2 demo! At my house we probably logged in more hours of that demo than we did the actual game it came with (Zone of the Enders).

Fear 2 demo was pretty memorable.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Amplitude P.O.D. for the PS2, I had Chinese students living with me that'd play that demo nonstop!