By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Memorable Playable Demos?

MGS2 for ps2.

That game was so hype. That demo was so good... and then Kojima pulled a fast one on us. Massive disappointment.

Around the Network

Tony Hawk on PS1. I put fucking tons of hours into it before I even realized there were special movies.

MGS. My favorite game of all time, probably my favorite demo ever.

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. Fucking epic demo. Too bad the full game didn’t live up to it.

Crackdown. Easily the best demo I’ve played since MGS.

brave fencer musashi and rival schools demo on the ps1. brave fencer came with ff8 but not sure how i got the rival schools demo . it was in japanese and i think it was the first fighting game that you can switch characters each round and first 3d fighting game that had air combo and team up attack. the demo stage was on a highschool rooftop with awesome music. i couldnt stop playing it and was always wondering when will the full version releases

The Stanley Parable has one of the greatest demos of all time.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I just found out how I got the rival schools demo. It was in the pocket fighter game and it also had a video clip of the game which I couldn't stop watching. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ACs2HduiH-w

Around the Network

Spyro and Hot Shots Golf on PS1, I believe it was a bundle with lots of other games in it(or was it separate, can't remember).

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

MGS 2...

The hype of that fucking thing has never been topped.

John2290 said:
Nem said:
MGS2 for ps2.

That game was so hype. That demo was so good... and then Kojima pulled a fast one on us. Massive disappointment.

You didn't like MGS2 post ship? Sure, it was a bit confusing but that's what made the whole game so frigging special as opposed to just a copy/paste sequel. 

None of it was what anyone wanted, for the most part. It was a bait and switch. 

I remember alot of my friends hyped over the Halo 3 Demo in the Crackdown 1 game.. i think it was Halo 3

Azzanation said:
I remember alot of my friends hyped over the Halo 3 Demo in the Crackdown 1 game.. i think it was Halo 3

It was a pass to the beta. Not a demo. But it helped the hype for sure.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."