By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Financially, was ARMS a flop?

Was ARMS a flop or a success?

A success 62 72.09%

Neither a flop nor a success 21 24.42%

A flop 3 3.49%

Total:86
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Well, it sold less than Resident Evil 7, and that was a complete bomb.

B O I

Around the Network

It was not a flop at all. In fact, I think it was successful enough to pretty much ensure a sequel with added depth later down the road.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I don't think it was a flop, but selling less than half of splatoon 1 first year, and also accounting the fact that there's was almost nothing out when arms came out, to me says there won't be an arms II.

A theoretical arms 2 would struggle to even reach 1.5 million, because this time it won't have the advantages the first game did (having no competition at the time of release).

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

A Smash rep might generate more interest. If it can get Pit a game and bring the Fire Emblem heroes west, perhaps it could earn a few thousand more sales?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

LuccaCardoso1 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Well, it sold less than Resident Evil 7, and that was a complete bomb.

The dog in your signature looks so damn happy hehe.

Around the Network

It was no splatoon, but more like excite truck etc.
A success, but not a huge one.

Not really. It has a shot at reaching 3m LT as it’s probably very near 2m already. Gonna remind you that although it’s not a new Splatoon, the first game on Wii U did “only” about 4.8m LT. So in the long run Arms might not be that far off. The next finnalcial report might shed some light on this matter.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

No, but it is funny in retrospect how excited people got when Nintendo announced they shipped 2 million in less than two weeks, and how everyone thought that meant it sold a lot. (hey .... wait a minute .... people didn't hold that over other people's head for over a year? AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZING)

It easily made more money for Nintendo then some huge budget AAA games did for their developer

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
It easily made more money for Nintendo then some huge budget AAA games did for their developer

What if that some huge budget AAA game is GTAV?