By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which company is going to win holidays in the US? EDIT: Poll added

Which company is going to sell the most hardware?

Sony 49 45.37%

Nintendo 56 51.85%

Microsoft 3 2.78%

Total:108
zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

Well you are forgetting that GTAV sold 35-40 million on 360/ps3. i'm sure many of those fans didn't double dip, also RDR2 i's the first true next gen rock star in 5 years, it will sell a shit load of  consoles.

batman gave a huge boost to ps4 sales in june, and thats wasn't even a ps4 exclusive, so if spider tuns out to be great, expect a much bigger boost, and if it's bundles and has great advertising  it will huge.  

NPD April 2008 (GTAIV launch)

PS3-187k

360-188k

NPD May 2010 (RDR launch)

PS3-155k

360-195k

NPD May 2011 (LA Noire launch)

PS3-177k

360-270k

NPD May 2012 (Max Payne 3 launch)

PS3-124k

360-160k

NPD Sept 2013 (GTAV launch)

PS3-200k

360-170k

Rockstar Games of the last decade dont seem to move alot of consoles despite selling a ton.

Yes, Batman gave a strong boost which will be over 3 years by the time Spider Man releases. A ton of open-world action/adventure games have released since then so the impact wont be as high.

you think a game that sales 90 million copies doesn't sell a lot of consoles? it sales a ton, don't look at first month sales, there tons of factors that go into do this. 

Around the Network

This seems really early. Anyway, Sony seems like a good bet.

All depends on when Pokemon is hitting. There will be no stopping a full console Pokemon from running shop.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Wow it's very close. But there's still only one person who voted for MS. Haha

I think it’ll be interesting. We have a good idea of the PS4’s holiday and potential here and there isn’t much from Microsoft at the moment that can sway me to thinking they’ll do that big unless they have price cuts for the Xbone X. As for Nintendo, I think some are underestimating Nintendo when they say “PS4 easily” or what not.

Nintendo has historically done well and last December showed it had an incredible month with Xenoblade 2 (the first of the series noted to sell over a million) as it’s big game of the month. We know very little outside of Smash Bros. in relation to Nintendo’s holiday lineup, but I’m sure they have something up their sleeve. Plus you have the evergreen titles and the potential for more as I’m sure word of mouth will continue to spread as the user base grows. Hopefully we’ll see more compelling third party titles.

Around the Network

hard to say now, e3 could make the difference, could be kingdom hearts 3 be ps4 holiday title or resident evil 2 remake...i think after e3 we can say more

Looking back though....last year in Nov+Dec is considered to be the Holidays then didn't MS win last year? Or am I mistaken?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

PEEPer0nni said:

Sony has a marketing deal with objectively the biggest game releasing this year. RDR2 is going to be the most successful 3rd party deal this generation. Another big game from Sony is Spiderman releasing September 7th. Sony is ensuring this game will have long legs and mindshare during the holidays by releasing 2 movies in this universe alongside: Venom (13 Oct), Spiderverse (7 Dec).

Nintendo is dependent on Smash Bros, unannounced megatons (Pokemon?) and the possibility of Labo being successful. From 3rd parties a portable GTA V could also be very succesful.

Which company is going to dominate the holidays in your opinion? 

EDIT: I'm talking about hardware sales.

Wait, wait! There is a venom movie coming out?? And a new Spider-Man movie as well??!!!

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Oh well i dont consider november as the holidays but nonetheless Switch had stock issues and absolutely no deals during black friday and managed to be that close to knocking deals for the PS4.

If Sony cut the ps4 price at 199, I can see it selling the most.