By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 Bombed - Sad because I loved the direction

Capcom announced that RE7 has sold 5.1 million copies, a fairly substantial decrease from previous entries and a bomb by most metrics. I thought this was the best game in the series since RE4 and loved the direction they were taking. RE8 should be in the same vein, but do you think the failure of RE7 is going to lead Capcom to going back the more action oriented RE6 style fair again?

EDIT: Tomb raider sold 3.4 million in 1 MONTH and was called a "disappointment" by its publisher. 5 mil after over a year out is a massive bomb for a triple A publisher. We're not in the 90s anymore.

RE6 was called a "disappointment for selling 4.9 mil by Capcom sparkibng the whole reboot. http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/resident-evil-6-disappointment-numbers/

5.1 is a massive fail for a more expensive reboot that was supposed to return the series to its peak.

Last edited by contestgamer - on 09 April 2018

Around the Network

(trailer voice) In a world where over 5 million copies is considered a bomb, game publishers struggle to survive...

Medisti said:
(trailer voice) In a world where over 5 million copies is considered a bomb, game publishers struggle to survive...

:)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Wow 5.1M is now a bomb? Many games struggle to sell even half that number.

I wouldn't consider 5.1 million to be a bomb at all.

Around the Network

Someone call Dolby Digital and tell them they bombed hard.

(also can we ban the word "bomb" and "bombed" from the forum? Thnx).

i dont consider 5.1m a bomb..

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Bristow9091 said:
You're using these words; "bombed" and "failure", at 5.1m copies sold so far... if you think that's the case, I really don't know what to tell you, lol.

Square was disappointed with FF selling like 5 million units, Tomb raider was a disappointment for the publisher at like  6 millions. These are bad numbers now for AAA games.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Can we ban those who make threads using those words?

Especially when the games mentioned didn't bomb at all.

To consider 5.1M a bomb... No wonder I don't post as much on game forums.

Hynad said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Can we ban those who make threads using those words?

Especially when the games mentioned didn't bomb at all.

To consider 5.1M a bomb... No wonder I don't post as much on game forums.

Tomb radier sold 3.4 million in 1 MONTH and the publisher was "disappointed".