By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 Bombed - Sad because I loved the direction

When did square say they were disappointed with FInal fantasy selling 5m? And which FInal fantasy game was this?

Around the Network

He's not really wrong tho, guys. Capcom is pretty demanding/crazy when it comes to expectations.

Since RE7 didn't sell that well, I'd not be surprised if Capcom is disappointed and is already planning on another "reboot".

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Pinkie_pie said:
When did square say they were disappointed with FInal fantasy selling 5m? And which FInal fantasy game was this?

They said they were disappointed with XIII sales tho, and it did 6m or something like that in the end.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

5.1 m is great.

contestgamer said:
Hynad said:

Can we ban those who make threads using those words?

Especially when the games mentioned didn't bomb at all.

To consider 5.1M a bomb... No wonder I don't post as much on game forums.

Tomb radier sold 3.4 million in 1 MONTH and the publisher was "disappointed".

And how is Tomb Raider and its developer's expectations in any way related to Resident Evil VII?

Around the Network
Hynad said:
contestgamer said:

And how is Tomb Raider and its developer's expectations in any way related to Resident Evil VII?

The whole reboot happened because they called the sales of RE 6  a disappointment at 4.9 million: http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/resident-evil-6-disappointment-numbers/

5.1 is a massive fail for a more expensive reboot that was supposed to return the series to its peak.

LipeJJ said:
Pinkie_pie said:

They said they were disappointed with XIII sales tho, and it did 6m or something like that in the end.

do you have a link? i dont remember they said they were disappointed with ff13 sales. if you check vgchartz, it sold over 7.5m between ps3 and 360 and thats without digital

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Someone call Dolby Digital and tell them they bombed hard.

(also can we ban the word "bomb" and "bombed" from the forum? Thnx).

I doubt it's happening. I asked CGI to start handing out warnings and bans to people who use the term "selling like hotcakes", and he told me to go fuck myself. I mean, more or less. Good luck though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Hynad said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Someone call Dolby Digital and tell them they bombed hard.

(also can we ban the word "bomb" and "bombed" from the forum? Thnx).

Can we ban those who make threads using those words?

Especially when the games mentioned didn't bomb at all.

To consider 5.1M a bomb... No wonder I don't post as much on game forums.

It's definitely sensationalism at the very least. 

contestgamer said:

Square Enix's expectations are not a good standard. Edit : And neither are Capcoms btw lol 

By the way : https://gamerant.com/resident-evil-7-first-week-sales/ 

Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 7 were probably pretty close in first month sales. 

LipeJJ said:
He's not really wrong tho, guys. Capcom is pretty demanding/crazy when it comes to expectations.

I do think Capcom will probably end up falling back on this change of direction. I don't think that means it "bombed", or that it was even necessarily disappointing. Resident Evil 5 and 6 are just some of the biggest games, so it was probably always unrealistic that this sequel would come near them.

COKTOE said:

I doubt it's happening. I asked CGI to start handing out warnings and bans to people who use the term "selling like hotcakes", and he told me to go fuck myself. I mean, more or less. Good luck though.

I prefer "Selling Like a God Church" and "Cannibalizing the Competition" myself.