By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom graphics comparison Xbox One X vs Switch

DonFerrari said:

As mentioned before 9th vs 8th gen, less than 66% more expensive and still X1X put more than 4x better...

And as always Switch defenders sway between console and handheld depending on the convenience.

That is exactly why it is called an 'Hybrid'. Try stashing the Xbox one X in your back pack for a couple of weeks but make sure you arrange an Hospital visit in advance.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:

As mentioned before 9th vs 8th gen, less than 66% more expensive and still X1X put more than 4x better...

And as always Switch defenders sway between console and handheld depending on the convenience.

The current generations of consoles are quite weird and blur the line of what constitutes a console generation. The Xbox One X is not only a newer console than the Switch, it is a lot more powerful than the base Xbox One. 

The Switch is an impressive piece of tech because it functions as both a home console and handheld. Considering that the majority of consumers have yet to pick up a 4K TV, the average consumer does not care about the Xbox One X's power due to its 4K capabilities being redundant on a 1080p screen.

Rab said:
If those videos weren't labeled I couldn't tell you which was which

If they asked you which is the Xbox One X... one, and which is the Switch one, you sure would answer correctly.

you should add

'And the results will SHOCK you!!'

into the thread title

The Switch version looks pretty good.

Around the Network

I'm still not convinced. I need a head-to-head comparison. Besides, the Switch has yet to receive proper 4K support.

MasterThief said:
switch looks, awful
and I tried to be nice.

Of course it looks awful, the player is not using gyro-aiming! The hell is wrong with them?

ResidentToxy said:
DonFerrari said:

The current generations of consoles are quite weird and blur the line of what constitutes a console generation. The Xbox One X is not only a newer console than the Switch, it is a lot more powerful than the base Xbox One. 

The Switch is an impressive piece of tech because it functions as both a home console and handheld. Considering that the majority of consumers have yet to pick up a 4K TV, the average consumer does not care about the Xbox One X's power due to its 4K capabilities being redundant on a 1080p screen.

Supersampling. Try that on for size.

A lot people here are trying to praise one and down the other....

I think both are great. Its still a miracle that they got DOOM running on a mobile chipset. A console that itself weighs less than 300 grams. I dont think people can complain much about this, since this DOOM on a HANDHELD.

On the other hand X1X version at a dynamic resolution that runs between 1620p and full 4k, but still has the best average fps of any console version despite. The PS4 pro version has a more unstable framrate while running at 1440p tops(and a dynamic scaler for vertical axis). One of the many games that showcase the power of the X.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

reviniente said:
ResidentToxy said:

Supersampling. Try that on for size.

Yup. +1.