By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom graphics comparison Xbox One X vs Switch

contestgamer said:
Switch looks terrible. but nobody should be playing multi plat games on the Switch anyway. Nintendo games are fine.

Thats same like I would said: "XB1 S version look terrible compared to high end PC, nobody needs to play multiplats games on XB1 S in any case", which is ridiculous in any case. But fact is that Switch offers full handheld mode that XB1/PS4/PC dont offer, and fact is that some people are playing on only one platform, so people need to play what ever they prefer most. There is reason why people want almost evre 3rd party game on Switch.

rolltide101x said:
contestgamer said:
Switch looks terrible. but nobody should be playing multi plat games on the Switch anyway. Nintendo games are fine.

A lot of people do not understand this and are determined to make the Switch into something it is not. Nintendo games are fantastic non-Nintendo games on Nintendo platforms are always dreadful compared to the competition.

Just for the Record

I own a PS4 Pro, PS4 Slim, Xbox One S, and 2 Nintendo Switches. 

A lot of people also dont understand that Switch offers full handheld mode in same time and not only full home console mode and that competition dont offer that, and that not every person have muliply platforms for playing. You like Switch owner would need to be aware of handheld part. Multiplatform games can be quite good on Switch even if they worse in full home console mode compared to competition.

I relly cant telly if your and post above are trolling or serious ones.

Around the Network

It's funny that this generation it's all of a sudden a necessity for multiplats to look exactly the same, and when one version isn't technically up to par with another (for understandable reasons), that version is deemed "crap", "unnecessary" and "Why would anyone ever get that?", even though there's perfectly good reasons for anyone to buy anything. Yet back in the day, I'm talking 6th gen and prior, and to a lesser extend even the 7th, nobody gave a crap. Were we more reasonable?

Metallox said:
Well, the Switch version only could look worse, so there's that =D

When one system has like 15 times the horse power..... it makes sense theres visually differnces tbh.
its only gonna get worse when PS5/XB2 release, at that point I doubt you ll see many multiplat games get ported to the switch.

DonFerrari said:
duduspace1 said:

That is exactly why it is called an 'Hybrid'. Try stashing the Xbox one X in your back pack for a couple of weeks but make sure you arrange an Hospital visit in advance.

So it being a hybrid should hold the benefits of console and handheld but on the downside just be negated because you can choose what you want to call?

Not really, only that when comparison is made to consoles or handhelds, its hybrid nature has to be considered. Trade-offs in performance have to be expected for example due to its form factor. It is for the same reason why you wouldn't compare a PS4 to a liquid cooled Graphic workstation.

ResidentToxy said:

The current generations of consoles are quite weird and blur the line of what constitutes a console generation. The Xbox One X is not only a newer console than the Switch, it is a lot more powerful than the base Xbox One. 

The Switch is an impressive piece of tech because it functions as both a home console and handheld. Considering that the majority of consumers have yet to pick up a 4K TV, the average consumer does not care about the Xbox One X's power due to its 4K capabilities being redundant on a 1080p screen.

They don't really blur the line. All games playable on X1 is on X1X and vice-versa, they are still same gen but with different quality. Not much different than on previous gen with different machines running same game on different capability.

Switch is a NVidia Shield, so?

For now, it remains to be seen if this will be the case till the end of the X1's lifecycle.

JRPGfan said:
Metallox said:

When one system has like 15 times the horse power..... it makes sense theres visually differnces tbh.
its only gonna get worse when PS5/XB2 release, at that point I doubt you ll see many multiplat games get ported to the switch.

The template of trade-offs has already been established, all developers need to keep in mind is that the new devices will target 4k level graphics while the Switch will do a max of HD level graphics. As long as the userbase for the Switch is big enough, it will get multiplat games, particularly if it remains the only device with a portable element.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Metallox said:

If Nintendo releases say a Switch Pro/Elite, that'd help increase the chances of a little more 3rd party support.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

We're not going to factor that in to enjoyment of the game itself, that's a different question. However unless you have played substantial minutes on max settings on a PC I dont believe you can say you would have enjoyed it more on a Switch. 

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. I know for a fact that I enjoy gyro controls more than prettier pixels.

Skipping multiplats on Switch as you suggest would have resulted in me missing out on Doom, a game I greatly enjoyed, while playing a different version as you suggest would've not only robbed me of the fun of playing it with motion controls, but also cost me a large (and unnecessary) sum of money as I do not own a PS4, Xbox One, or gaming PC.

I'm sorry, but this is a case of Post Purchase Rationalization

contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant. I know for a fact that I enjoy gyro controls more than prettier pixels.

Skipping multiplats on Switch as you suggest would have resulted in me missing out on Doom, a game I greatly enjoyed, while playing a different version as you suggest would've not only robbed me of the fun of playing it with motion controls, but also cost me a large (and unnecessary) sum of money as I do not own a PS4, Xbox One, or gaming PC.

No, it's a case of you being unable to accept an opinion that differs from your own.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

No, it's a case of you being unable to accept an opinion that differs from your own.

It may be an opinion, but one born out of rationalization. I have no problem with that, but I believe we should be honest with ourselves.

contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

How does that work with Wolfenstein II then? If he's trying to rationalize Doom, why would he want to do it again?