By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom graphics comparison Xbox One X vs Switch

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

I'm sorry, but this is a case of Post Purchase Rationalization

How does that work with Wolfenstein II then? If he's trying to rationalize Doom, why would he want to do it again?

Without an alternative choice of consoles and systems, you need to maintain your rationalization for the life of your system. This is often the reason fanboys are born as they need to aggressively keep rationalizing and defending their purchase choice in light of information they believe is attacking their decision and in their minds, their identities. When you attack someones purchase decision or console of choice they take it as an attack on them.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

No, it's a case of you being unable to accept an opinion that differs from your own.

It may be an opinion, but one born out of rationalization. I have no problem with that, but I believe we should be honest with ourselves.

I am being honest. I wanted to play Doom, so when it came out on a console I owned, I bought it, and I enjoyed it. There's nothing to rationalize, I got what I wanted and I'm satisfied.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

It may be an opinion, but one born out of rationalization. I have no problem with that, but I believe we should be honest with ourselves.

I am being honest. I wanted to play Doom, so when it came out on a console I owned, I bought it, and I enjoyed it. There's nothing to rationalize, I got what I wanted and I'm satisfied.

I believe that. All I'm saying is that you would have enjoyed it even more on a maxed out PC. Not that you didnt enjoy it as is.

contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

I believe that. All I'm saying is that you would have enjoyed it even more on a maxed out PC. Not that you didnt enjoy it as is.

Being as I am me, I think I would know what I enjoy better than you do.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

I dont think most people really know themselves, often those around them see things they dont themselves, because they are divorced from the internal psychological games that the person him or herself is a constant victim of. You are under a lot of psychological pressure on a day to day basis to keep yourself in equilibrium - as we all are - and so often you cant see the forest from the trees. 

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

I dont think most people really know themselves, often those around them see things they dont themselves, because they are divorced from the internal psychological games that the person him or herself is a constant victim of. You are under a lot of psychological pressure on a day to day basis to keep yourself in equilibrium - as we all are - and so often you cant see the forest from the trees. 

I'm quite aware of how my mind works; in addition to having lived with it for over 29 years, the struggles I have faced over the years have necessitated that I deconstruct my own thought processes and unpackage my own biases and defence mechanisms.

No offense, but you don't know me. We've exchanged a handful of messages on an online forum. You don't really have any grounds to claim you know me better than I know myself.

lol @ the idea that you’d instantly enjoy a game more on another platform just because of better graphics. Nonsense.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

I'm quite aware of how my mind works; in addition to having lived with it for over 29 years, the struggles I have faced over the years have necessitated that I deconstruct my own thought processes and unpackage my own biases and defence mechanisms.

No offense, but you don't know me. We've exchanged a handful of messages on an online forum. You don't really have any grounds to claim you know me better than I know myself.

Look, 99.999% of people will enjoy having 10 million dollars more than 100 thousand. I don't need to know them to make that assumption. I've literally heard people with little money tell me they prefer to be poor than rich which is clearly BS and a psychological way of accepting their situations

contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

Look, 99.999% of people will enjoy having 10 million dollars more than 100 thousand. I don't need to know them to make that assumption. I've literally heard people with little money tell me they prefer to be poor than rich which is clearly BS and a psychological way of accepting their situations

Why do you find it so hard to believe that a person would prefer gyro controls over maxed graphical settings? Gameplay matters more than graphics for a great many gamers, it's not at all far fetched. 

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

Why do you find it so hard to believe that a person would prefer gyro controls over maxed graphical settings? Gameplay matters more than graphics for a great many gamers, it's not at all far fetched. 

Gyro isnt really gameplay, it's a tiny difference in game interfacing that's all. The graphics change the entire experience of the game, its ambiance and atmosphere, literally transports you there. Not sure why you keep arguing so aggressively about this. I get it, you liked it on the Switch, that's awesome. I'm just saying you'd enjoy it more if you played it first on PC at max settings.