By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom graphics comparison Xbox One X vs Switch

KBG29 said:
Switch looks great in Handheld mode, but suffers on the TV (the larger the screen, the bigger the gap becomes).

I know I always say it, but I can't wait for the day that I can buy my games once, and enjoy them on a Handheld/Phone Hybrid on the go, and a Premium level Console at home within the same ecosystem. There is no reason we can't have a PS or XB Phone that can run these games at 540 - 720p, or a Nintendo console that can run games at 4K once 7nm arrives. Hopefully one of these comapnies will feel innovative in the next couple of years.

The thing is WiiU was so dead I think Nintendo rushed out the switch before we got their full vision of what it was meant to be. Their patent on the Supplementary Graphics Unit similar to the boxes you can buy for laptops was mean't to achieve this.

Will be interesting to see if they do a mid gen upgrade like that or will the Switch 2 have this capability.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

Why do you find it so hard to believe that a person would prefer gyro controls over maxed graphical settings? Gameplay matters more than graphics for a great many gamers, it's not at all far fetched. 

Gyro isnt really gameplay, it's a tiny difference in game interfacing that's all. The graphics change the entire experience of the game, its ambiance and atmosphere, literally transports you there. Not sure why you keep arguing so aggressively about this. I get it, you liked it on the Switch, that's awesome. I'm just saying you'd enjoy it more if you played it first on PC at max settings. 

And you're wrong. You don't get to decide what I enjoy and what I don't. I know myself better than you do.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

Gyro isnt really gameplay, it's a tiny difference in game interfacing that's all. The graphics change the entire experience of the game, its ambiance and atmosphere, literally transports you there. Not sure why you keep arguing so aggressively about this. I get it, you liked it on the Switch, that's awesome. I'm just saying you'd enjoy it more if you played it first on PC at max settings. 

And you're wrong. You don't get to decide what I enjoy and what I don't. I know myself better than you do.

Why do you keep arguing when I'm on  your side? I already said I know you enjoyed it. That's great! I'm just saying you would have enjoyed it more on a maxed out PC and you cannot refute that because you didnt play it in that way. 

contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

Why do you keep arguing when I'm on  your side? I already said I know you enjoyed it. That's great! I'm just saying you would have enjoyed it more on a maxed out PC and you cannot refute that because you didnt play it in that way. 

I can refute that because I know for a fact that gyro controls matter more to me than than any amount of high end graphics.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

I can refute that because I know for a fact that gyro controls matter more to me than than any amount of high end graphics.

Wrong, you think it does, but you said yourself that you dont play on a high end PC or consoles. If given the choice you will prefer maxed out graphics. Again, why you acting so defensive, I'm not attacking you. We cool, I'm glad you enjoyed the game

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

Wrong, you think it does, but you said yourself that you dont play on a high end PC or consoles. If given the choice you will prefer maxed out graphics. Again, why you acting so defensive, I'm not attacking you. We cool, I'm glad you enjoyed the game

Because I'm telling you I prefer A and you're saying "no, you prefer B", so you are telling me that either (A) I'm a liar or (B) my opinion is invalid. No offense, but either way it's quite a rude thing to imply.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

Because I'm telling you I prefer A and you're saying "no, you prefer B", so you are telling me that either (A) I'm a liar or (B) my opinion is invalid. No offense, but either way it's a very rude thing to imply.

No, you're not lying man. It's like someone winning a 100k in the lottery. they will be super happy about it. But if a billionaire won that it's pocket change and they probably wont think twice about it. You believe the Switch version is the best. But if you were upgraded to a maxed out PC and played it there, your opinion would change. So you're not lying and your opinion isnt invalid, it's just limited by lack of experience and alternatives.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

Because I'm telling you I prefer A and you're saying "no, you prefer B", so you are telling me that either (A) I'm a liar or (B) my opinion is invalid. No offense, but either way it's quite a rude thing to imply.

btw respect for being a teacher.

contestgamer said:
curl-6 said:

Because I'm telling you I prefer A and you're saying "no, you prefer B", so you are telling me that either (A) I'm a liar or (B) my opinion is invalid. No offense, but either way it's a very rude thing to imply.

No, you're not lying man. It's like someone winning a 100k in the lottery. they will be super happy about it. But if a billionaire won that it's pocket change and they probably wont think twice about it. You believe the Switch version is the best. But if you were upgraded to a maxed out PC and played it there, your opinion would change. So you're not lying and your opinion isnt invalid, it's just limited by lack of experience and alternatives.

I have played games on PS4 and high end PC before. I may not own them myself but I have plenty of friends who do. Heck, as I write this my brother sits less than 2 meters from me playing on a PC rig with a GPU stronger the Xbox One X. I'm not limited by lack of alternatives either; I could run out and buy a PS4 right now if I wanted one, I have the funds.

For a person who values a high end graphical experience, the Switch version would indeed be the worst choice. But I'm not one of those people. I am a lover of motion controls, which makes the gyro-enabled Switch version the best choice for me.

EDIT: Cheers man.

curl-6 said:
contestgamer said:

I have played games on PS4 and high end PC before. I may not own them myself but I have plenty of friends who do. Heck, as I write this my brother sits less than 2 meters from me playing on a PC rig with a GPU stronger the Xbox One X. I'm not limited by lack of alternatives either; I could run out and buy a PS4 right now if I wanted one, I have the funds.

For a person who values a high end graphical experience, the Switch version would indeed be the worst choice. But I'm not one of those people. I am a lover of motion controls, which makes the gyro-enabled Switch version the best choice for me.

EDIT: Cheers man.

Wait, so you enjoy motion controls more than graphics as part of the gaming experience? For a fact? I thought you just saying that because youve never played a extremely graphics intensive game.