By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doom graphics comparison Xbox One X vs Switch

Switch looks great in Handheld mode, but suffers on the TV (the larger the screen, the bigger the gap becomes).

I know I always say it, but I can't wait for the day that I can buy my games once, and enjoy them on a Handheld/Phone Hybrid on the go, and a Premium level Console at home within the same ecosystem. There is no reason we can't have a PS or XB Phone that can run these games at 540 - 720p, or a Nintendo console that can run games at 4K once 7nm arrives. Hopefully one of these comapnies will feel innovative in the next couple of years.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Not bad for the Switch considering its mobile Technology. Obviously the X is the definitive console version but iv seen the Switch running Doom in person and on the portable screen it looks damn amazing.

Pinkie_pie said:
The difference is surprisingly big considering switch is 9th gen and xbox one x is 8th gen

The difference is surprisingly small considering the Xbox One X is a home console and Switch is a handheld. See? Goes both ways.

Offcourse that X version looks better, but Switch looks quite good, picture saying more than words. :)

I love the XOne X version

Around the Network

If those videos weren't labeled I couldn't tell you which was which

As mentioned before 9th vs 8th gen, less than 66% more expensive and still X1X put more than 4x better...

And as always Switch defenders sway between console and handheld depending on the convenience.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

That's a bit pointless comparison. But nevertheless, if you consider that on paper, XB1X is about 12 times faster machine in terms of raw power, the performance of this game on Switch is mind boggling. I think, last time I was that impressed, was when I saw Black Ops running on DS. The difference was that BO barely resembled original game, when this one plays and feels like the original.  

Last edited by Kristof81 - on 07 April 2018

I think OP intention was to show that Switch version is good and not bad as some may think, even compared to the X.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Eh. This seems like a fairly poor 'comparison' to me. Picking two videos that show roughly the same content is hardly a comparison, although it does work for comparing stuff if you're really that interested in it. I'm not.

Spindel said:
Is this really a comparison that needed to be done?

The XBX version looks better no doubt. Still if you take the computing power difference into account the Switch version looks damn good.

Of course not. No comparison really needs to be done. Still, I think comparing different version is quite interesting. I mean, it's interesting to see how much difference there is, and now noticeable it is exactly. Comparisons don't have to be about which version looks better. They can be about, you know, comparing stuff just because it's interesting.