By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Divinity: Original Sin II coming to PS4 and Xbox One in August

John2290 said:
Angelus said:
The more people get a chance to play it, the better. I don't see why the game wouldn't work on Switch from a technical standpoint, so really the only question is whether or not there's enough financial incentive for them to bring it over. Not just in terms of profitability, but in terms of whether it's worth diverting the man hours required to port it (and I honestly don't have any kind of idea as to how much work that is exactly).

Wrong thread dude. Agreed though. 

lol woops

massive derp

Around the Network
epicurean said:
Do you need to play the first to enjoy the second? I have a backlog now but would like to play the sequel, and wasn't sure what games I was going to get this fall/winter besides RDR2.

Why not play the first one while waiting for the sequel to sort itself out.

If you buy these kinds of games at launch, you will be spending the first six months to a year on developer forums complaining about bugs.

If you wait enough, the game might not be as "hip" and current anymore, but you'll get a much better experience and probably some DLC to go with it. And for cheaper.

Faelco said:
Chazore said: 

Valve can't count to 3 though

That's the joke, having Valve as a kinda first party developer means no first party games :P (for now anyway)

Microsoft is a first party publisher, on PC too.

Chazore said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
It's like PS4, and PC are so close to each other now. PC has started to get all the little niche japanese games like Nier, Tales of Berseria, and Ni No Kuni. In return PS4 gets ports of PC games like Divinity, and Pillars of Eternity. It's a win, win!

except for the case of 1st party, which PC has none of, as well as the power to "lock" a game to a system on purpose.

Not sure if I understand what you mean by the power to lock a game to a system. Do you mean PC doesn't have the power to lock a game to a system, or do you mean PS4 doesn't have the power to lock a game to the system? 

caffeinade said:

Microsoft is a first party publisher, on PC too.

They aren't doing an amazing job at being one. They ignored PC for years during the 360 days, with a few titles coming attached with their horrid DRM.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Not sure if I understand what you mean by the power to lock a game to a system. Do you mean PC doesn't have the power to lock a game to a system, or do you mean PS4 doesn't have the power to lock a game to the system? 

PC doesn't have a company that has the money to ask devs to lock a game to their system, either indefinitely or for a finite amount of time. It's always been up to either the devs themselves or via hardware/game design that has a game stuck on the platform. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
John2290 said:

PC doesn't have a company that has the money to ask devs to lock a game to their system, either indefinitely or for a finite amount of time. It's always been up to either the devs themselves or via hardware/game design that has a game stuck on the platform. 

And how is Sony, MS or Nintendo doing so a bad thing? It brings in a strong user base and games you say "are locked" to the system, exclusives bring in numbers far exceeding almost anything on PC aside from maybe minecraft. Console exclusives are not only what have made this industry booom past the niche PC market of the 90's by bringing identity to a system and but they also help carve an identity for PC also, when a console owner can't find a game on their system and it's on PC, this is a good thing for PC. You contradict yourself by the way, in many threads over the last few months you've championed games and certain genres staying on PC as well as making excuses why they are not right for console yet you want all console exclusives on PC. This makes no sense. 

Notice I said PC doesn't?.

Actually no, exclusives do not bring in far more money than anything on PC. Look at Minecraft, Fortnite, PuB, the various MMO's out there, GaaS titles as well.

PC isn't a platform that seemingly makes far less than consoles do, far from it. Even then, this subject is not about money making. 

Console exclusives haven't help carve an identity out for PC at all. PC has had it's own exclusives by default, within genres that it's either created itself or played better at/supporting the genre.

"when a console owner can't find a game on their system and it's on PC, this is a good thing for PC"

You'd be surprised these days, especially with Switch being a thing, that many people these days sigh and go "wish it was on X system instead of the PC, which I don't game on". The most asked question these days is going to be "can you port it to Switch", rather than "oh it's only on PC, guess I'll buy it". Also, when you take this site for an example, hardly anyone here cares about a game on PC unless it's an old game coming back via a remaster or getting a sequel. The rest can end up simply holding off until it hits Switch or other systems.

Not even going to bother with that last line, because it's clearly from a heated discussion you've had brewing for some time. You want to take a crack, go via PM (it sounds like you want to anyway).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Japanese edition please.

Ka-pi96 said:
John2290 said:

Did you dive in yet to the world of Rivellon?

I've played a couple hours. To be honest it hasn't really hooked me yet though. The combat is fun, but there hasn't been enough of it so far.

The game does take a while to really hit it's stride. There's a lot of time to be spent in the starting city. Mostly optional, but if you're playing this sort of game, chances are you're inclined to be somewhat of a completionist. Anyway, while there's some fun to be had there, it also involves a whole lot of running back and fourth, which can get a bit tedious. The game really shines once you move past there.