By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Divinity: Original Sin II coming to PS4 and Xbox One in August

It's like PS4, and PC are so close to each other now. PC has started to get all the little niche japanese games like Nier, Tales of Berseria, and Ni No Kuni. In return PS4 gets ports of PC games like Divinity, and Pillars of Eternity. It's a win, win!

Around the Network

Do you need to play the first to enjoy the second? I have a backlog now but would like to play the sequel, and wasn't sure what games I was going to get this fall/winter besides RDR2.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
Do you need to play the first to enjoy the second? I have a backlog now but would like to play the sequel, and wasn't sure what games I was going to get this fall/winter besides RDR2.

Not at all.

Cerebralbore101 said:
It's like PS4, and PC are so close to each other now. PC has started to get all the little niche japanese games like Nier, Tales of Berseria, and Ni No Kuni. In return PS4 gets ports of PC games like Divinity, and Pillars of Eternity. It's a win, win!

except for the case of 1st party, which PC has none of, as well as the power to "lock" a game to a system on purpose.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

except for the case of 1st party, which PC has none of, as well as the power to "lock" a game to a system on purpose.

Wrong, PC have Valve/Steam "1st party" games :D

I wonder if the controls on console for Divinity are good... If it is, I might wait for the console release to go further in the game, but I have no idea... I might finish my current run and then do a solo run on console later  

Around the Network
Faelco said:

Wrong, PC have Valve/Steam "1st party" games :D

I wonder if the controls on console for Divinity are good... If it is, I might wait for the console release to go further in the game, but I have no idea... I might finish my current run and then do a solo run on console later  

Valve can't count to 3 though

I imagine the devs would have had the time to design the console version for gamepad use, as they did with the PC version with gamepad+M+K support.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The more people get a chance to play it, the better. I don't see why the game wouldn't work on Switch from a technical standpoint, so really the only question is whether or not there's enough financial incentive for them to bring it over. Not just in terms of profitability, but in terms of whether it's worth diverting the man hours required to port it (and I honestly don't have any kind of idea as to how much work that is exactly).

I need to pick this up soon. I heard good things about it

Great news. The more pc games that come to consoles the better. Hopefully this trend continues into next gen.

Chazore said: 

Valve can't count to 3 though

That's the joke, having Valve as a kinda first party developer means no first party games :P (for now anyway)