By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Divinity: Original Sin II coming to PS4 and Xbox One in August

mjk45 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Hmm yeah I suppose you're right, although if possible I'd much prefer a physical copy, like every other game, lol :P Maybe Amazon will get more copies in stock one day :o 

I too like physical, but if i run into game that may take a long or indefinite time to find , I buy it digital then get the physical down the line.

Yeah I've done that with a few games actually... and if the game is good enough I don't mind doing so either, just as long as I end up with a physical copy by the end, lol.

John2290 said:
Bristow9091 said:
I still haven't played the first game yet, I COULD get it on PC but want it on PS4, unfortunately I can't find a copy anywhere for a reasonable price, seems to be sold out everywhere on PS4 but still in stock (and for cheap) on XBO, lol.

Buy it digital. The file size is only 10 gigs and its one of the best games of all time. No hyperbole.

But is it REALLY? :P

If I see it cheap on PSN I might consider buying it digital I guess... we'll see.

Around the Network

I've good things about it, so I may check it out eventually if it's cheap.

John2290 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Yeah I've done that with a few games actually... and if the game is good enough I don't mind doing so either, just as long as I end up with a physical copy by the end, lol.

But is it REALLY? :P

If I see it cheap on PSN I might consider buying it digital I guess... we'll see.

It really is. I picked it up not expecting much at all besides an old school Arpg and was blow away by the complexity, level of freedom in choice and interactivity. The combat is the pinnacle of turn based and the loot feels better than a diablo game. It's just the right amount of challenge. The main story is pretty good but it's the little optional quests the kill it beyond all and the optional characters you meet along the way all have dept you can optionally dig into....option, option, and more options.

I'm not gay but if this game had a dick I'd suck it. Infact, I'm going to buy the digital version and replay it now. I just got pumped.

Cracked me the fuck up!  I bought the first one (physical) day one on PS4 and will do the same with this one.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

It's like PS4, and PC are so close to each other now. PC has started to get all the little niche japanese games like Nier, Tales of Berseria, and Ni No Kuni. In return PS4 gets ports of PC games like Divinity, and Pillars of Eternity. It's a win, win!

Bristow9091 said:
I still haven't played the first game yet, I COULD get it on PC but want it on PS4, unfortunately I can't find a copy anywhere for a reasonable price, seems to be sold out everywhere on PS4 but still in stock (and for cheap) on XBO, lol.

Noticing that myself. Never seen such a big price difference for the same game on different consoles before :O

Maybe the impending release of #2 will mean they put the 1st game on sale to entice people to the IP though. we can hope at least

Around the Network

Do you need to play the first to enjoy the second? I have a backlog now but would like to play the sequel, and wasn't sure what games I was going to get this fall/winter besides RDR2.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

John2290 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Noticing that myself. Never seen such a big price difference for the same game on different consoles before :O

Maybe the impending release of #2 will mean they put the 1st game on sale to entice people to the IP though. we can hope at least

Nope, they won't. In my experience with this most devs put the price back to day one prices regardless of whether it fell to 10 percent or spend months on sale or the price was cut. This is no exception, back up to 40 quid here even though the last time I checked it was 7 euro digital. Thank God my disc drive managed to install it again and didn't fail me this time. Ya'll just need to bite the bullet and play it on Xbox or pay the 40 quid.

I've definitely seen devs put their previous games on sale when releasing new ones before, they use PS+ for it sometimes too. Even right now Heavy Rain is my PS+ free game for the month in anticipation of Detroit Become Human

I'll just hope that it will be in a summer sale around that time, because while I would like to get it I'm not going to buy an Xbox for it and I also won't pay more than 20 quid for it.

epicurean said:
Do you need to play the first to enjoy the second? I have a backlog now but would like to play the sequel, and wasn't sure what games I was going to get this fall/winter besides RDR2.

Not at all.

Cerebralbore101 said:
It's like PS4, and PC are so close to each other now. PC has started to get all the little niche japanese games like Nier, Tales of Berseria, and Ni No Kuni. In return PS4 gets ports of PC games like Divinity, and Pillars of Eternity. It's a win, win!

except for the case of 1st party, which PC has none of, as well as the power to "lock" a game to a system on purpose.

Chazore said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

except for the case of 1st party, which PC has none of, as well as the power to "lock" a game to a system on purpose.

Wrong, PC have Valve/Steam "1st party" games :D

I wonder if the controls on console for Divinity are good... If it is, I might wait for the console release to go further in the game, but I have no idea... I might finish my current run and then do a solo run on console later