By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 5 is Ubisoft Second Biggest Luanch. 50% of The Sales Were Digital.

Why would somebody go for digital on a console? A physical copy is $15 cheaper due to discounts at Best Buy. The digital copy offers no benefits, and has a value of $0.00 after purchase. Even if you don't want to drive, just order it on Amazon and you still save 20% with prime.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Why would somebody go for digital on a console? A physical copy is $15 cheaper due to discounts at Best Buy. The digital copy offers no benefits, and has a value of $0.00 after purchase. Even if you don't want to drive, just order it on Amazon and you still save 20% with prime.

Maybe most who bought digital are playing it on PC.

For me the problem is that with digital you rely on the internet (Sony) to continue allowing you to download your games, physical I dont ever need to worry about that. Having a local copy feels the best method.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

jason1637 said:
SecondWar said:

Out of curiosity, what problem do you have with the direction? 

They didnt change up franchise much and from what ive heard its more of the same.

Ah, ok. Having played the game I think that's a valid criticism. I was remembering the protest from the announcement about the villian being a Christian and was wondering if that was still prevalent.

CuCabeludo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

I get that, but it still doesn't answer my question. Games like Horizon selling 35% digital is puzzling. It's an exclusive, and there's not really any benefits to digital over physical, on a console. The only explanation is that people just don't know about physical being cheaper. 

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:

Intenet is getting faster and faster, no brainer digital sales will take over physical in the future. When you can download shitbytes of data in minutes, why bother buying physical?

Well for one thing, when I'm done with the game I can sell my physical copy to get money off my next game. Also digital games tend to drop in price much slower than they do at retail so I tend to get better value from physical copies as well.

Cerebralbore101 said:
CuCabeludo said:

I get that, but it still doesn't answer my question. Games like Horizon selling 35% digital is puzzling. It's an exclusive, and there's not really any benefits to digital over physical, on a console. The only explanation is that people just don't know about physical being cheaper. 

You can gameshare the game to your friends/family so both of you have the game without having to buy a second copy. It's also a lot more convenient just putting your credit card in the system rather going to the store, for many people.

For me personally, I do it because more of my money goes to the developers when compared to physical. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Cerebralbore101 said:
CuCabeludo said:

Come on, I'm a physical-only guy myself, but it's understandable why some people prefer digital. Some people like not having to swap discs, or they don't want game cases cluttering up their rooms.

I'll get FC5 upon a price drop to $30 or so. Looks pretty decent. Doesnt look like FC is dying anytime soon.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Cerebralbore101 said:
CuCabeludo said:

Horizon is cheaper on PS Store than at retail in India.