By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 5 is Ubisoft Second Biggest Luanch. 50% of The Sales Were Digital.

Darwinianevolution said:
I'm shocked so many of the copies sold at luanch are digital. Do people really find it that convenient with games that big, or does this game have massive PC sales?

Convenience is a big factor. Far Cry is very popular on PC so there is that. Still AC Origins had 35% digital sales and its a more console focused series. Horizon has sold 7.6 million by March and 4.7 million at retail so that game has 35% sales digital and it doesn't have a PC version to boost its digital numbers. Digital is growing more popular.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

I'm not a fan on the direction they took Far Cry 5 but im still glad its selling well.

Out of curiosity, what problem do you have with the direction? 

GOWTLOZ said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I'm shocked so many of the copies sold at luanch are digital. Do people really find it that convenient with games that big, or does this game have massive PC sales?

Convenience is a big factor. Far Cry is very popular on PC so there is that. Still AC Origins had 35% digital sales and its a more console focused series. Horizon has sold 7.6 million by March and 4.7 million at retail so that game has 35% sales digital and it doesn't have a PC version to boost its digital numbers. Digital is growing more popular.

eh not really. It's pretty much just as popular as any other big 3rd party multiplat franchise.
You might confuse it because the first Far Cry was PC exclusive, but since Ubisoft took over Crytek's work, the franchise went in a completely different direction.
AC is indeed more console focussed, but that's because Ubisoft likes to release the PC version 6 months later.

More and more games are getting higher and higher digital sales. No wonder gamestop is on a downward spiral. Will defintely go the way of Toys R Us within the next 3 years.

SecondWar said:
jason1637 said:

I'm not a fan on the direction they took Far Cry 5 but im still glad its selling well.

They didnt change up franchise much and from what ive heard its more of the same.

Around the Network

The game is fun. I took down the statue yesterday. Felt really good blowing their shit up.

jason1637 said:
SecondWar said:

They didnt change up franchise much and from what ive heard its more of the same.

I thought it had to do more with the antagonists.

Intenet is getting faster and faster, no brainer digital sales will take over physical in the future. When you can download shitbytes of data in minutes, why bother buying physical?

CuCabeludo said:

Intenet is getting faster and faster, no brainer digital sales will take over physical in the furute. When you can download shitbytes of data in minutes, why bother buying physical?

I'm stuck to the past myself.

Mar1217 said:
CuCabeludo said:

Intenet is getting faster and faster, no brainer digital sales will take over physical in the future. When you can download shitbytes of data in minutes, why bother buying physical?

Cuz having the ownership of your games physically means that you actually own it. Not the case with digital, you only get the license to use the software.

And not everyone has an internet connection that can download "shitbytes". Lol, with games going around the 100+ GB to download, it could be your whole monthly data cap that goes just because of one game.

Mobile net has data cap, most of the internet services for home have no "data cap" otherwise I wouldn't be able to watch netflix in HD as much as I do while downloading shitbytes on PC costantly.

Not to mention all the  twitch streams i constantly watch, only by watching twitch streams, dozens of gigabytes of data are downloaded in a single week. If there were caps on internet data of people nowadays nobody wouldn't be able to watch even some twitch stream man.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 08 April 2018