By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 Could Be Releasing This Year. Big Focus on VR and More Details.

Quick Summary of Playstation 5 article:

-Uses AMD's Navi as its base architecture, not specifically using Navi.
-CPU is custom Zen
-Large amount of devkits have apparently gone out.
-Author suggests 2018 release of PS5 is not out of the question based on the amount of devkits released as this is a "sure sign that the launch is getting close". Not definitive.
-VR "goodies" baked in at the silicon level. (My Opinion, not authors: Sony not giving up on PSVR any time soon. VR support inside the PS5 right out of the box)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/semiacccurate-gets-some-playstation-5-next-details-1000-subscription-to-read-summary-in-op.33810/

Semiaccurate is pretty legit. They leaked info on the PS4 and XBO in 2012/2011 and leaked spme info on the switch. I dont think its coming this year but based on this information i think its going to come out next year.

Around the Network

WTF, 2018? There's no way I see it coming out this year.

VGPolyglot said:

Thats the authors speculation based on all the dev kits being out. A few weeks ago we heard CD Project Red has a PS5 dev kit but i think 2019 is more likely. 

This year?...0% chance.

jason1637 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Thats the authors speculation based on all the dev kits being out. A few weeks ago we heard CD Project Red has a PS5 dev kit but i think 2019 is more likely. 

If it was coming this year I think we'd hear much more about it than we have.

Around the Network

they said its a guess for release date. its not coming this year

if its coming this year it would have been revealed few months ago

Sony announced PS4 in feb 2013. if PS5 is coming it would have been announced earlier this year . no way in hell its tis year

next year at minimum. probably 2020 at most

No way its coming out before 2020. PS4 is on fire and a PS5 announcement would derail its momentum.

I'm gonna add my voice to the chorus of no's. As usual, if it does happen, I owe you a Coke.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

2019 makes more sense to me.

According to someone on Era Rich from Digital Foundry said that a next gen console will be revealed this year.