By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Is Justin Trudeau a disappointment?

Is Justin Trudeau a disappointment?

Yes 36 80.00%

No 9 20.00%

Total:45

Could be worst ;)

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Everyone seems to be obsessed with that India thing. Image and perception above everything. If I was from Canada, I would try to look at what he has done for the people and what he hasn´t done. Not just if he looks stupid or not. How much power does he have? How much can he even change and isn´t things quite well in Canada?
USA has Trump and Russia has Putin. Canada should be happy and not complain about what Justin Trudeau wears in India...its kind of petty as is all that SJW talk. And as an insult its kind of funny, because social injustice warrior (SIJW or SIW) sounds so heroic...
Lets all team up for social injustice! Who wants equal rights? No one, but those creepy SJW dudes and gals? :P

Last edited by PSintend0 - on 03 April 2018

Judge a legacy of a leader after office, they are always more accurate after the fact. Politician and leaders suffer from the Zelda effect half the time.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:
Judge a legacy of a leader after office, they are always more accurate after the fact. Politician and leaders suffer from the Zelda effect half the time.

This seems often true.

I almost fear other Zelda fans. Its the dark side, so much hate :D

EspadaGrim said:
I know some Canadians that have told me that they only voted for him so he can Legalize Marijuana.

Personally don't care for him dude is a giant SJW, media here fawns over him cause of his looks and progressive views. Funny to see that as of now his approval rating is lower than Trump's.

Sums my opinion up really well... 

Around the Network

I honestly did not expect any major reforms out of him, and don't care much about the more symbolic stances he takes, so I wouldn't say that he is a disappointment. I would have quite liked electoral reform, though.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

I voted no, but not in a positive way. He has been exactly as advertised. The thing that has always puzzled me is why people voted for someone who was clearly an idiot and openly said he had no plans to balance the budget, ever , while campaigning. We have a democracy, but vote for the son of a previous leader with no qualifications beyond that. Humans are baffling.

TheLastStarFighter said:
I voted no, but not in a positive way. He has been exactly as advertised. The thing that has always puzzled me is why people voted for someone who was clearly an idiot and openly said he had no plans to balance the budget, ever , while campaigning. We have a democracy, but vote for the son of a previous leader with no qualifications beyond that. Humans are baffling.

Tell that to the Americans xD

Trudeau is a joke and is lucky that his dumb actions are only masked by their neighbor's leader who is a bigger joke.

No. This cannot be. He was given the mangina of the year award for 2017 afterall .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

SpokenTruth said:

EspadaGrim said:
I know some Canadians that have told me that they only voted for him so he can Legalize Marijuana.

Personally don't care for him dude is a giant SJW, media here fawns over him cause of his looks and progressive views. Funny to see that as of now his approval rating is lower than Trump's.

I'm not sure we can compare approval ratings between the two.  Everything I read about Canada's polling is government based.  As in the ratings are for the entire government and not explicitly Trudeau.  In the US, we separate the two in our polling.

The thing is that the prime minister and the governement is the same thing in canada. In the US, you can separate the two, because you vote for the president, and then you vote for the representatives. In canada we vote for a member of the parliament (MP) that represent your own riding, and the prime minister is the head of the party that got the most MPs. So we technically dont vote for the Prime Minister at all, only for his party. So everything is decided by the prime minister and his government, the government cannot take a decision that the Prime Minister dont approve. 

People didnt really wanted Justin anyway, most of the people who did vote for him just wanted to end 10 years of Harper reign...