By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - ANNOUNCEMENT (1 of 2) - Deputy Head Moderators!

Congrats to ya both. I hope that it's not more bothersome than being a normal mod.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

So, are these devolved powers that Miguel can revoke unilaterally?

Miguel will step in under extreme circumstances only. Otherwise, myself or Ryuu will handle it.

I meant, for the Deupty Head Moderator role, is it ultimately Miguel alone that has the say in who is a deputy head mod, and when to relieve someone of that position?

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

I meant, for the Deupty Head Moderator role, is it ultimately Miguel alone that has the say in who is a deputy head mod, and when to relieve someone of that position?

Yes. Miguel remains the big kahuna! However, Ryuu and I will handle nearly all Head Moderator duties.

But then why aren't guy guys just head moderators too then? It seems that the mean difference between being a head mod and deputy head mod is that if you were head mods you would have shared power while as deputy head mods you have devolved power instead.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

But then why aren't guy guys just head moderators too then? It seems that the mean difference between being a head mod and deputy head mod is that if you were head mods you would have shared power while as deputy head mods you have devolved power instead.

We will handle most Head Mod duties. Miguel will just handle the biggest of tasks there are. Essentially, we’re alleviating him much of the time. 

My question is though if you're doing that much of the work why not just be promoted to head mods?

Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

My question is though if you're doing that much of the work why not just be promoted to head mods?

My question is; Why is it such a big deal? o.O

My question is you didnt forget about the prediction league?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
I say we riot! Oh wait....that was supposed to be a PM.

Heh. Heh.

Congrats guys! You will both do great!

Participate in the Prediction league or i will snitch you suggested riots

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

Because we don’t need three people with the exact same job. Although Ryuu and I are nearly capable of anything Miguel does, we’re splitting duties that he’d have amongst each other, while not being quite as high. 

Couldn't you say the same thing about mods in general then? That you don't need 11 people with the exact same job?

Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Because essentially the way it is the head mod is the sole person that determines who a deputy head mod is, and is the sole person who can relieve them of their duties.

VGPolyglot said:
CGI-Quality said:

Because we don’t need three people with the exact same job. Although Ryuu and I are nearly capable of anything Miguel does, we’re splitting duties that he’d have amongst each other, while not being quite as high. 

Couldn't you say the same thing about mods in general then? That you don't need 11 people with the exact same job?

Bristow9091 said:

Because essentially the way it is the head mod is the sole person that determines who a deputy head mod is, and is the sole person who can relieve them of their duties.

You're overthinking this. It's not like VGChartz is suddenly going to become an authoritarian dictatorship.

It's not a communist state.

Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

You know how a manager and a deputy manager work in business, right? Or how a supervisor and head supervisor work?

Yeah, and I don't agree with how businesses work either.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

Deputy Head Moderators are ‘second in command’. Having many functioning normal Moderators is necessary, but as a ‘higher-up’, the duties are split + heavier and The Big Cheese remains, well, The Big Cheese.

I'm not questioning the way it is, I'm questioning why it is the way it is.