By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Updated] [Super Bold Prediction] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Will Sell 20m Lifetime

Will it?

Yes 19 24.68%

No 33 42.86%

It will be very close 25 32.47%

Total:77

Too bold. But at least I can hope you are right.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Even combining shipped+digital for both versions, I still think that 20 million is a bit out of reach. I can see it reaching 15-17 million - Mainline Pokemon levels which would be absolutely fantastic for Zelda!!!

Well I definitely think the Switch version alone is going to hit 10m by the end of 2018. Seeing as it only has 3.3m to do. Which is already amazing especially for Zelda. I’d say it’ll probably hit 15m LT and will see a sales boost when the next Zelda hits, which will probably be 2020. Either way, really happy with how well it has been performing.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Yeah, that seems too bold. It'll likely be the best selling in the series and make it over a lil over 10 mil, but 20 mil seems too unlikely. I don't think it's gonna have selling power like GTA.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm with you LipeJJ. BotW is going to sell far more than any Zelda that has come before it. Of course, people already told me I was nuts for saying it would outsell Odyssey. I expect Zelda to have some serious legs though, while Odyssey sales levels will fall back down to what 3D Mario normally does.

In the end I think 20m is a good ballpark for Zelda. Not sure if it will actually cross that line or come in just shy of that though.

Around the Network

Zelda legs are insane.
almost 1/4 of new switch owners are getting a zelda copy, even after a year.
Supposing switch is going to grow YoY, i think it is possible.
I find really realistic that 1/8 of the nexy 80 million switch owners will get a zelda copy. The game deserves.

So, any update Lipe?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The game is still selling and is already at 10 million. Just wait for a Nintendo Select, too

20 million is possible. Might not happen but it’s certainly possible at the games current pace

I don't know. Combined maybe, but the WiiU version doesn't sell anymore, it is up to the NS version. Only with extreme discounts etc can I see it doing 20 million, but very doubtful.

Unlikely, it's too much of a niche title to go mainstream, 12 mil at best