Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Bomberman R approaching one million copies sold worldwide

Miyamotoo said:
This is great for Konami, huge margin profit for such a low investment.
Now Konami bring some other IPs to Switch.

Yes, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. This is Konami, remember?

Around the Network

It is a fun game to play with friends. Especially the new bomber inspired by Konami characters with exclusive skills add a little more fun. Happy to see that this game had good sales.

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10

CaptainExplosion said:
Miyamotoo said:
This is great for Konami, huge margin profit for such a low investment.
Now Konami bring some other IPs to Switch.

Yes, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. This is Konami, remember?

Yeah, but I hope this will force them to port more games to Switch.

Sweet stuff!

Glad to see the ol Bomberman back in games and selling well.

I hope it gets a price drop on switch when the game releases for ps4 and xbox one. $50 has been too high a price for me to jump in quite yet.

VGPolyglot said:
MasterThief said:
damn if only all good games sold at least 1m. and all bad games sold 0 copies.

Well, what is good and bad is subjective, I've enjoyed games considered to be bad and they have their place in history.

That is why I think it’s better to rate games in their niche. I think a lot of sites do this (IGN Gamespot) but a lot don’t, and so you’ll get the occasional great game with a 6/10, because the reviewer doesn’t like the genre, or doesn’t fall into the market niche; some games are GREAT for party/social gaming (Just Dance comes to mind) but not very good for people who aren’t as sociable and mainly like to game solo/online. Then there are gamers who prefer to plan (strategy/RPG), and others who like to just move around and execute combos (Action/fighters); those who like big weaving stories (PSX era RPGs and perhaps grand strategy and games like Dwarf fortress), and others who are utterly confused by them (veer toward Pokemon and simpler 4X strategies like Civ).

Of course, people can be fans of multiple niches, probably at varying levels.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

That's good to hear. I figure the PS4 and Xbox versions will help push it over that milestone. I hope it raises the chances of Bomberman being in Smash :D

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

50% off discount here in Australia eshop

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
50% off discount here in Australia eshop

In canada too. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Awesome news.

I think a new Castlevania will come from Konami for the Switch next. Maybe even a year exclusive to it like Bomberman was and then ported to other systems.

Konami themselves even said they were considering it, and after seeing the sales of Bomberman I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.