Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Bomberman R approaching one million copies sold worldwide

Rather impressive, especially for a Bomberman game... can't see it doing much extra on the other platforms though, since it'll just be another game in the sea, whereas when it first launched on Switch, it was one of only half a dozen games or so you could get, lol.

Around the Network

Yeah as others pointed out already, Super Bomberman R greatly benefited from being a launch title, and honestly despite how some may feel about Konami or what they might have done in the past it's well deserved since they at least gave the Switch a chance at launch where as most companies didn't bring shit to it until later. I think any company that takes the risk on any new console from day one (since nobody knows how a new console is going to perform) should deserve sales like this since they took the risk and are being rewarded for it, so long as the game is competent at least. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 30 March 2018

I bought the game a few months back but haven't really played. I should get back to it, it was actually pretty decent.

Would this be the first Bomberman game to become a million seller?

This is great for Konami, huge margin profit for such a low investment.
Now Konami bring some other IPs to Switch.

Doubt it will sell that much on other platforms. Probably 1m on all three combined at best. But I personally will buy it for xbone just because there aren’t a lot of games right now which support up to 8 controllers. So this looks interesting.

Around the Network

Why is a HD 2D Switch Castlevania not a thing yet? None of that reworked Lord of Shadows crap, though.

routsounmanman said:
Why is a HD 2D Switch Castlevania not a thing yet? None of that reworked Lord of Shadows crap, though.

Because there was only one 2D Castlevania on the 3DS and Mercury Steam pretty much killed the IP.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
routsounmanman said:

Because there was only one 2D Castlevania on the 3DS and Mercury Steam pretty much killed the IP.

Then they revive the Metroid one with a great game ... go figure what's going on with them (of course, Sakamoto's involvement has to do something with that)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

RolStoppable said:
routsounmanman said:

Better try to revive 2D Castlevania games on a Nintendo handheld than to help the Metal Gear series... ermmm... survive.

Good on ya Bomberman!