By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Super Bomberman R approaching one million copies sold worldwide

Cool! let's see if it will sell so well on PS4, XONE and PC.

Super Bomberman R has sold nearly one million copies worldwide on Switch. That’s according to Konami president Hideki Hayakawa, who shared the news in an interview with Nikkei Trendy.

Hayagawa pointed out how Super Bomberman R was the only completely original title available at Switch’s launch. That alone helped the game catch on with new system owners. Aside from Japan, it has been performing well in the west.

Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima confirmed that Super Bomberman R shipped over 500,000 copies in March 2017, less than a month after the release of Switch.

Source 1 and Source 2

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

damn if only all good games sold at least 1m. and all bad games sold 0 copies.

MasterThief said:

Well, what is good and bad is subjective, I've enjoyed games considered to be bad and they have their place in history.

It could potentially become the best selling Bomberman game before the PS4, XBO, and PC versions hit.

MasterThief said:

Yeah, Senran Kagura could use at least a million, come on people! 

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
MasterThief said:

Well, what is good and bad is subjective, I've enjoyed games considered to be bad and they have their place in history.

well at some point its not really subjective.  if a game is mediocre is just as good as bad.. too many better games to play 

I can imagine this being disappointing news to those who have strong feelings against Konami, bwahaha ...

If only this game was actually good...

The spectacular timing of the launch is what made it so successful, imo.

At the Switch Launch, it's only competition besides Zelda was 1-2 Switch and snipperclips. Only like what, four games to compete with at launch? Had this launched in last November it would do 300k at most.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
The spectacular timing of the launch is what made it so successful, imo.

At the Switch Launch, it's only competition besides Zelda was 1-2 Switch and snipperclips. Only like what, four games to compete with at launch? Had this launched in last November it would do 300k at most.

Actually, I forgot about Snipperclips, I may pick up Plus down the line as it does look interesting. However, if I get Super Bomberman R it'll probably be for PS4.