By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW is gonna be at half a million copies at just preoder by release

COKTOE said:
MasterThief said:

if TLoU is considered masterpiece I don't see how this can't be.

hey to me the only masterpieces I played are Red Aler 2, Dark Souls  Deus Ex HR, and Dishonored. got a pretty short list going on here. 

oh and Sly 2 I forgot to mention that. masterpiece of platformer/stealth game. 

cut me some slack . if this is what am being told it is and what am seeing. it will join my little list . 

Nice choices. I didn't anticipate liking the Sly series ( which I played in the form of the remasters of on summer 2013 ), or Dishonored ( last summer ) as much as did. Bought The Knife Of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches dlc as well.

@op and on topic. Yessssssssss! 

Dishonored is the only perfect game I played. there are no distinguishable issues with the game in anyway, maybe if you really nit pick. but its hard for me to find any

tho its not my favorite game but its just that good.

Around the Network

I'm sorry but the graphics on this are better than any pc game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Those pre-order charts are SOOOOO off, that it's not even funny. I mean, there is no way dead island 2 is that high.

That being said, I have no doubt that GOW has high pre order numbers, and that it will be a success, despite looking like Dad of War starring Joel Kratos.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Those pre-order charts are SOOOOO off, that it's not even funny. I mean, there is no way dead island 2 is that high.

That being said, I have no doubt that GOW has high pre order numbers, and that it will be a success, despite looking like Dad of War starring Joel Kratos.

don't forget it was supposed to have come out already. so it might have been advertised. also the name gotten really popular because of the advertising.

tho you could be right I can assume that a lot of ppl canceled their pre orders but it isn't updated 

MasterThief said:
flashfire926 said:

don't forget it was supposed to have come out already. so it might have been advertised. also the name gotten really popular because of the advertising.

tho you could be right I can assume that a lot of ppl canceled their pre orders but it isn't updated 

You're a bit mistaken. I DO think GOW has high pre-order numbers, at that it will be a success.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
MasterThief said:

You're a bit mistaken. I DO think GOW has high pre-order numbers, at that it will be a success.

am talking about dead island 

MasterThief said:
flashfire926 said:

am talking about dead island 

Oh my bad. Then I guess you could be right then.

Bet with Intrinsic:

Dead Island would be lucky to be around 10k at best what with its delayed/cancelled/starting again issues. It's been what over 12-18months since the last bit of news.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Mr.Playstation said:
pitzy272 said:
You said the preorders are already over 350k. Where is that coming from?

As for your 500k prediction, I think that’s way low. I think this game will easily do 2-2.5 in its first week, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it did 3-3.5million. If the rest of the game is as good as the first 3hrs, I really think this game is going to be massive. First time I’m buying a GoW game. Already preordered.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

I forgot we had Pre-order charts as well tbh.

Oh wow, I haven’t looked at those in so long I did forget VGC has them. I don’t look at any of our data anymore bc it’s inaccurate and late. 

Edit:  Jeez, the preorders are backed up to feb 10?? That’s pathetic! What’s the point?

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 01 April 2018

HyrulianScrolls said:
It's gonna obliterate the sales of any other game in the franchise. GOW3 is the top seller with just under 5m, I wouldn't be surprised if this one does 10-15m lt.

GOW 3 is at 5.2 million on PS3 alone, as of May 2012. By now should be above 6 million. It got a remastered version on PS4 which has sold amazingly well on PlayStation Store so its more successful than people understand.

VGPolyglot said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
It's gonna obliterate the sales of any other game in the franchise. GOW3 is the top seller with just under 5m, I wouldn't be surprised if this one does 10-15m lt.

I think GoW3 is higher than 5 million counting the PS3 and PS4 releases.

Look above^