By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW is gonna be at half a million copies at just preoder by release

LethalP said:
MasterThief said:

if TLoU is considered masterpiece I don't see how this can't be.

hey to me the only masterpieces I played are Red Aler 2, Dark Souls  Deus Ex HR, and Dishonored. got a pretty short list going on here. 

oh and Sly 2 I forgot to mention that. masterpiece of platformer/stealth game. 

cut me some slack . if this is what am being told it is and what am seeing. it will join my little list . 

To be fair are these masterpieces, or just your favorite games?

A game I like very much = masterpiece

Haven't you learned the Hyperbolese language yet?

Around the Network

Bloodborne level design inspired [check!]
Graphics on par with the best [check]
New mythology to explore [check!]
Over the shoulder camera [check]
30+ hours of gameplay [check]
Hidden areas to discover [check]
Open linear design [check!]
Puzzles to solve [check!]
Useful side-kick [check]
Rings to find that change fighting style [check]
More strategic encounters [check]
Meaningful story [check!]
True character development [check!]
PS4Pro enhanced performance [check!]
Singe-shot-camera-end-to-end [check!]
Difficulty mode that changes enemy attack patterns [check!]
RPG Elements [check!]

If you're not hyped you're dead inside [CHECK!]

The PS5 Exists. 

I've played and finished ALL the GOW games. While I don't consider myself a fan (I was never actually a fan of Kratos' character) I did appreciate the quality of the games. They're well done and highly enjoyable even though I didn't have a appreciation for the main character.

But man, with the new game Kratos actually seems like an extremely likeable character. The game looks like it has an incredibly awesome control feel to it. It's gonna be quite an amazing feeling exploring these vast environments in a Norse setting. Seriously, I cannot wait! For me also it may be the FIRST time I purchase a GOW game day 1. Looks like the game will be superior to all 3 that came before it.

globalisateur said:
But most importantly, it got great previews. I haven't read a single negative preview of the game. Everybody that played the game loved it.

Read a review-guy complaining that it isnt open world, but that is an extremely pointless critique, thats like complaining poker is played with cards.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Hynad said:
LethalP said:

To be fair are these masterpieces, or just your favorite games?

A game I like very much = masterpiece

Haven't you learned the Hyperbolese language yet?

well thats not really it. all the games I mentioned are universally considered masterpieces no?

Around the Network
MasterThief said:

if TLoU is considered masterpiece I don't see how this can't be.

hey to me the only masterpieces I played are Red Aler 2, Dark Souls  Deus Ex HR, and Dishonored. got a pretty short list going on here. 

oh and Sly 2 I forgot to mention that. masterpiece of platformer/stealth game. 

cut me some slack . if this is what am being told it is and what am seeing. it will join my little list . 

Nice choices. I didn't anticipate liking the Sly series ( which I played in the form of the remasters of on summer 2013 ), or Dishonored ( last summer ) as much as did. Bought The Knife Of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches dlc as well.

@op and on topic. Yessssssssss! 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

You said the preorders are already over 350k. Where is that coming from?

As for your 500k prediction, I think that’s way low. I think this game will easily do 2-2.5 in its first week, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it did 3-3.5million. If the rest of the game is as good as the first 3hrs, I really think this game is going to be massive. First time I’m buying a GoW game. Already preordered.

Im sure its going to sell amazingly, what i cant understand is why i am not excited for it... the game seems like a collection of stuff i like, (nord mithology, souls like combat, action rpg, level design inspired by bloodborne and it seems to have an engaging story) yet i feel nothing.

Im still gonna buy it (probably on release if i can).

estebxx said:
Im sure its going to sell amazingly, what i cant understand is why i am not excited for it... the game seems like a collection of stuff i like, (nord mithology, souls like combat, action rpg, level design inspired by bloodborne and it seems to have an engaging story) yet i feel nothing.

Im still gonna buy it (probably on release if i can).

Your low expectations will help to ensure that when you play it, it will blow your fucking mind!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

pitzy272 said:
You said the preorders are already over 350k. Where is that coming from?

As for your 500k prediction, I think that’s way low. I think this game will easily do 2-2.5 in its first week, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it did 3-3.5million. If the rest of the game is as good as the first 3hrs, I really think this game is going to be massive. First time I’m buying a GoW game. Already preordered.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

I forgot we had Pre-order charts as well tbh.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P