Forums - Gaming Discussion - Operation "Actually play some %#(*&$(#*&$ games!"

Mar1217 said:
HomokHarcos said:
Why do you need to be on here while playing games? Can't you just turn the laptop off while you're playing?

He's pretty active on VGC's Discord

I've actually been gone from that server for over 2 weeks now XD

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Mar1217 said:

He's pretty active on VGC's Discord

But you're active on our VGC server :thinking: 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's a VGC server, but it's not the VGC server.

VGPolyglot said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

That's a VGC server, but it's not the VGC server.

Still, maybe it's a distraction on your journey to finish your backlog It's fine to go play some games!!! 

I've actually been playing a lot too. Mostly on Switch. Problem is I still buy games faster than I can beat them.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm quite bad when it comes to clearing my games... I usually wait til night time to play some games, but by the time I'm ready to play, I'm just too tired to play anything lengthy or intense. So I end up playing Issac instead. Happens quite often xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I I have the terrible habit of trying to platinum the games before actually going to the end of it. Like, I can be really close to the end credits but I keep focusing on those smaller things on the game, stuff that I should probably do on the pos-game but I somehow keep focusing on that instead of just going to the end,you know when people end a Pokemon game and start a second pos-game run to catch all of the pokemons? I am the kind who tries to do that BEFORE getting to the pos-game. For example, I am playing Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright right now I am pretty much only have the last two chapters to complete, but for the past month I keep doing smaller maps and online to get all of the convoy conversations. And I am holding Conquest to play only when I finish Birthright.

So yeah, playing like this takes me way longer to actually end a game than most people when playing the same game, specially RPGs. Also doesn't help when I get new games that distract me from the other games I already have,and then I get a new one that distract me from the one before that...

Stuart23 said:
I I have the terrible habit of trying to platinum the games before actually going to the end of it. Like, I can be really close to the end credits but I keep focusing on those smaller things on the game, stuff that I should probably do on the pos-game but I somehow keep focusing on that instead of just going to the end,you know when people end a Pokemon game and start a second pos-game run to catch all of the pokemons? I am the kind who tries to do that BEFORE getting to the pos-game. For example, I am playing Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright right now I am pretty much only have the last two chapters to complete, but for the past month I keep doing smaller maps and online to get all of the convoy conversations. And I am holding Conquest to play only when I finish Birthright.

So yeah, playing like this takes me way longer to actually end a game than most people when playing the same game, specially RPGs. Also doesn't help when I get new games that distract me from the other games I already have,and then I get a new one that distract me from the one before that...

Are you telling us what I think you're telling us? You collected all collectables in TW101? All pins, all challenges? Man, that's impressive!

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Cloudman said:
Yeah, I'm quite bad when it comes to clearing my games... I usually wait til night time to play some games, but by the time I'm ready to play, I'm just too tired to play anything lengthy or intense. So I end up playing Issac instead. Happens quite often xD

This is very similar to me, I don't like playing games through the day and stuff because there's too many distractions and I can't concentrate, so the only time I can play is when I have peace and quiet around me, which unfortunately isn't until like 1-2am or something in a house of five people all aged 18+, lol... and most days I think to myself "No point starting a new/continuing a game now... I'll just play Overwatch", so I do that instead, lol. 

Thankfully that'll all have changed by this time next year, since we hopefully have our own house by then, and my girlfriend works nights a lot, so I'll have tons of quiet time to sit down and play... probably sounds silly but that's actually the thing I'm looking forward to most, lol.

Bristow9091 said:
Cloudman said:

This is very similar to me, I don't like playing games through the day and stuff because there's too many distractions and I can't concentrate, so the only time I can play is when I have peace and quiet around me, which unfortunately isn't until like 1-2am or something in a house of five people all aged 18+, lol... and most days I think to myself "No point starting a new/continuing a game now... I'll just play Overwatch", so I do that instead, lol. 

Thankfully that'll all have changed by this time next year, since we hopefully have our own house by then, and my girlfriend works nights a lot, so I'll have tons of quiet time to sit down and play... probably sounds silly but that's actually the thing I'm looking forward to most, lol.

You're preaching to the choir...

I have much improved in combating my backlog lately, but I suffer from the same condition (without the overwatch part, more like "random Japanese grindy game" for me).