By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Operation "Actually play some %#(*&$(#*&$ games!"

Yeah, I'm quite bad when it comes to clearing my games... I usually wait til night time to play some games, but by the time I'm ready to play, I'm just too tired to play anything lengthy or intense. So I end up playing Issac instead. Happens quite often xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

I I have the terrible habit of trying to platinum the games before actually going to the end of it. Like, I can be really close to the end credits but I keep focusing on those smaller things on the game, stuff that I should probably do on the pos-game but I somehow keep focusing on that instead of just going to the end,you know when people end a Pokemon game and start a second pos-game run to catch all of the pokemons? I am the kind who tries to do that BEFORE getting to the pos-game. For example, I am playing Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright right now I am pretty much only have the last two chapters to complete, but for the past month I keep doing smaller maps and online to get all of the convoy conversations. And I am holding Conquest to play only when I finish Birthright.

So yeah, playing like this takes me way longer to actually end a game than most people when playing the same game, specially RPGs. Also doesn't help when I get new games that distract me from the other games I already have,and then I get a new one that distract me from the one before that...

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Stuart23 said:
I I have the terrible habit of trying to platinum the games before actually going to the end of it. Like, I can be really close to the end credits but I keep focusing on those smaller things on the game, stuff that I should probably do on the pos-game but I somehow keep focusing on that instead of just going to the end,you know when people end a Pokemon game and start a second pos-game run to catch all of the pokemons? I am the kind who tries to do that BEFORE getting to the pos-game. For example, I am playing Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright right now I am pretty much only have the last two chapters to complete, but for the past month I keep doing smaller maps and online to get all of the convoy conversations. And I am holding Conquest to play only when I finish Birthright.

So yeah, playing like this takes me way longer to actually end a game than most people when playing the same game, specially RPGs. Also doesn't help when I get new games that distract me from the other games I already have,and then I get a new one that distract me from the one before that...

Are you telling us what I think you're telling us? You collected all collectables in TW101? All pins, all challenges? Man, that's impressive!

Bristow9091 said:
Cloudman said:
Yeah, I'm quite bad when it comes to clearing my games... I usually wait til night time to play some games, but by the time I'm ready to play, I'm just too tired to play anything lengthy or intense. So I end up playing Issac instead. Happens quite often xD

This is very similar to me, I don't like playing games through the day and stuff because there's too many distractions and I can't concentrate, so the only time I can play is when I have peace and quiet around me, which unfortunately isn't until like 1-2am or something in a house of five people all aged 18+, lol... and most days I think to myself "No point starting a new/continuing a game now... I'll just play Overwatch", so I do that instead, lol. 

Thankfully that'll all have changed by this time next year, since we hopefully have our own house by then, and my girlfriend works nights a lot, so I'll have tons of quiet time to sit down and play... probably sounds silly but that's actually the thing I'm looking forward to most, lol.

You're preaching to the choir...

I have much improved in combating my backlog lately, but I suffer from the same condition (without the overwatch part, more like "random Japanese grindy game" for me).

Good luck, mate. You'll need it .

This year I've finished two games, working on the third one, while also playing others that are endless. But I don't even want to think how many new games I've picked during that time.

Last edited by JEMC - on 29 March 2018

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Yeah I have hundreds of games in the back log can't pass a good deal sadly

I have a large list of JRPGs that I have been meaning to get through.

FFXII Remake - Got about 15 hours in and then got distracted by some other game.
Ni No Kuni - About 20 hours in, and the release of the sequel has prompted me to finish this one first.
Ni No Kuni 2 - About 5 hours in, but stopped playing and decided to play the original through first.
Bravely Default - Something like 150 hours in, and still have a decent amount left. I'm playing on hard mode, and I just got to a point where the game became much more difficult, and I don't want to lower the difficulty after 150 hours if maintaining it on hard. I want that hard mode icon next to my name for bragging rights.
World of Final Fantasy - My daughter is about 25 hours in; I actually barely played it myself, as I had another game I was trying ot get through.
Persona V - Around 50 hours in; just finished the second main dungeon. My wife started playing this again last week and it's made me want to go back and finish it.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Game says 75 hours, but it's more like 50 hours, as the game counted 25 hours while in sleep mode (which really bugs me).
Dragon Quest 7 3DS Remake - About 70 hours in; long, long way to go still.

And...

Tales of Berseria - This is my main focus right now. I thought I was getting close to the end, but then I checked online to find out how many total "skits" there were, and used that as a gauge to determine how much farther there is to go. I have 235 skits done, and there are 457 in total, so that means I'm only about halfway done. I'm freaking loving this game so much.

I'm most likely forgetting a ton of games; these are the JRPGs that I have played recently enough such that I would continue off of my current file rather than start anew.

Bristow9091 said:
Cloudman said:

This is very similar to me, I don't like playing games through the day and stuff because there's too many distractions and I can't concentrate, so the only time I can play is when I have peace and quiet around me, which unfortunately isn't until like 1-2am or something in a house of five people all aged 18+, lol... and most days I think to myself "No point starting a new/continuing a game now... I'll just play Overwatch", so I do that instead, lol. 

Thankfully that'll all have changed by this time next year, since we hopefully have our own house by then, and my girlfriend works nights a lot, so I'll have tons of quiet time to sit down and play... probably sounds silly but that's actually the thing I'm looking forward to most, lol.

That sounds like it'll be good when you'll have time to play more games, haha. What stops me from playing sometimes is just me deciding to do a little sketching beforehand, when suddenly an hour goes by and I no longer have time to play something heavy xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well, played some Persona 5, will probably play some more later tonight. I really just want to get the game done and over with at this point.

Wanted to start Final Fantasy VIII or Xenogears, but I don't think I can beat either in 2 weeks.