By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sea of Thieves is Microsoft's fastest selling first party new IP of this generation.

hudsoniscool said:
Aeolus451 said:

What the fuck are you going about? People need to stop getting triggered by someone not playing along with giving platitudes to ms spin. I rarely post in xbox threads and when I do, it's not that negative. A 70 or 7 is considered average in video games but a high 6 or 60 is not. Not even metacritic considers that a positive score. I have my opinion if you don't like it so fucking what. I would have moved on from this thread but people can't stand a dissenting opinion.

Lol man ur Arguing the difference of 1 metacritic point. Literally a 1 percent difference to makes a game go from “positive” to “bad game”.... keep up the good fight bro can’t wait to see ur next argument in another ms thread.

It's not even positive to bad. It's positive to average.

A word he is clueless about.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Azzanation said:

Do you like any of the below games?

Knack - 54

The Order - 63    

Knack 2 - 69

Drive Club - 71

No Man Sky - 71

Killzone Shadow Fall - 73

Gran Turismo Sport - 75

Lets bash Rares game because of its reviews.

Sea of Thieves - 69

There's honestly not much difference in the scores yet I am sure everyone will defend those other games like crazy.

The disagreements I had with a few here never revolved around liking the game in spite of shortcomings or in spite of metascores so I don't know why you replied to me with that post but I'll answer anyway.

The only one I played out of those is NMS and it deserved a lower score to be honest just on the game itself (regardless of promises or marketing) but they did improve it a great deal over time. I really like the game too but it deserved the criticism. I don't like the genres of those other games or I didn't like the title. 

I'm not bashing Rare games nor am I picking on little MS. Some need to crawl back in that walled garden.

A playstation fanboy who didn't buy Gran Turismo?  Yea, ok buddy.  Also didn't buy Knack or Killzone?  What did you buy at launch?  They had nothing else lol.

Also, metacritic compiles scores from marketing sites like Gamespot and IGN - how can you take them seriously?  Those sites are literally paid for their reviews.  I guess that doesn't matter to you?  And don't even get me started with their user scores which is a cesspool of fanboys...kinda like how this thread has turned into.

Moderated ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 30 March 2018

Ryuu96 said:
Aeolus451 said:

What the fuck are you going about? People need to stop getting triggered by someone not playing along with giving platitudes to ms spin. I rarely post in xbox threads and when I do, it's not that negative. A 70 or 7 is considered average in video games but a high 6 or 60 is not. Not even metacritic considers that a positive score. I have my opinion if you don't like it so fucking what. I would have moved on from this thread but people can't stand a dissenting opinion.

You seem to be the one getting annoyed, people are responding to you because you are wrong, Shika stated that "it got a 69 meta which is pretty average" You responded that it's not an average score, since we're talking about Metacritic this is what we're basing it off: http://www.metacritic.com/about-metascores

General Meaning of ScoreMovies, TV & MusicGames
Universal Acclaim 81 - 100 90 - 100
Generally Favorable Reviews 61 - 80 75 - 89
Mixed or Average Reviews 40 - 60 50 - 74
Generally Unfavorable Reviews 20 - 39 20 - 49
Overwhelming Dislike 0 - 19 0 - 19

It's much closer to 74 than it is 50 so I'm pretty sure that would fall into the 'Average' range by Metacritic's standards, It's also much closer to a 7 than a 6, even if it is in the 60's, unless you can point out where Metacritic states that 'Average' only starts in the 70's then I suggest you drop this conversation.

Edit - Not to mention that we also have a Metacritic topic, which this isn't it.

I think this shit is hilarious. I've just been replying to elaborate on earlier posts and offer rebuttals. Some resorted to ad hominem or saying that I bash ms games all the time. *sigh

7 is considered average in most 10 point review systems. A high 6 is still not a 7.  I'm not wrong on that. Even what you sourced said it's a mixed review score. *shrugs I'm gonna take your advice and stop replying since people are getting mad enough that ya guys are getting involved.

Aeolus451 said:
Ryuu96 said:

You seem to be the one getting annoyed, people are responding to you because you are wrong, Shika stated that "it got a 69 meta which is pretty average" You responded that it's not an average score, since we're talking about Metacritic this is what we're basing it off: http://www.metacritic.com/about-metascores

General Meaning of ScoreMovies, TV & MusicGames
Universal Acclaim 81 - 100 90 - 100
Generally Favorable Reviews 61 - 80 75 - 89
Mixed or Average Reviews 40 - 60 50 - 74
Generally Unfavorable Reviews 20 - 39 20 - 49
Overwhelming Dislike 0 - 19 0 - 19

It's much closer to 74 than it is 50 so I'm pretty sure that would fall into the 'Average' range by Metacritic's standards, It's also much closer to a 7 than a 6, even if it is in the 60's, unless you can point out where Metacritic states that 'Average' only starts in the 70's then I suggest you drop this conversation.

Edit - Not to mention that we also have a Metacritic topic, which this isn't it.

I think this shit is hilarious. I've just been replying to elaborate on earlier posts and offer rebuttals. Some resorted to ad hominem or saying that I bash ms games all the time. *sigh

7 is considered average in most 10 point review systems. A high 6 is still not a 7.  I'm not wrong on that. Even what you sourced said it's a mixed review score. *shrugs I'm gonna take your advice and stop replying since people are getting mad enough that ya guys are getting involved.

That's wrong. IGN and most other outlets have 7 as "good". A high 6 is basically a 7, just like how a low 7 is basically a 7. Jesus, did you fail grade 4 math or something?

Also "mixed" is average. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

hudsoniscool said:
Aeolus451 said:

Lol man ur Arguing the difference of 1 metacritic point. Literally a 1 percent difference to makes a game go from “positive” to “bad game”.... keep up the good fight bro can’t wait to see ur next argument in another ms thread.

Yeh I think this guy as well as the other one called thismental 😉 or whatevers its called are really sick lol. An obsession with Microsoft threads.....

PM sent ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 03 April 2018

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Around the Network
3sexty said:
hudsoniscool said:

Yeh I think this guy as well as the other one called thismental 😉 or whatevers its called are really sick lol. An obsession with Microsoft threads.....

You guys might want to chill out.

Aeolus451 said:
3sexty said:

So, you make a claim, your claim is disputed, then you just respond that people need to chill out?

VGPolyglot said:
Aeolus451 said:

So, you make a claim, your claim is disputed, then you just respond that people need to chill out?

No. Did you read my posts up to this point? Did you not see the mods getting  involved? Did you not read the post I replied to chill out? 

Aeolus451 said:
VGPolyglot said:

No. Did you read my posts up to this point? Did you not see the mods getting  involved? Did you not read the post I replied to chill out? 

The post you replied to was speaking the truth. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Wow this thread really went places

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS